Snow Attachments HLA 3000 9' blade arrives.

/ HLA 3000 9' blade arrives. #1  

Deerherd

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS P7030 CPS, 2016 Bobcat E42, Ferris IS3100z w/37 HP Kawasaki
Dealer called and the blade is in. They are making up some hoses and will deliver next week. I had to go look at it and take some photos.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

/ HLA 3000 9' blade arrives. #3  
Would you mind sharing where you got that blade? I'm contemplating putting a blade or a blower on my NH Powerstar. The blowers are looking like they'll be more than I want to spend. It looks like the skid steer blades from the truck snow plow companies stick out a little far and I don't want them bouncing apart when I hit a bump doing 20mph with my tractor. This blade looks much more stout. Problem is I can't find anyone who deals with HLA locally so I'm back to toying with the idea of sticking a Western on my pickup. I don't mind driving a couple hours to the Syracuse area if need be. Oh, and can you give us a ballpark idea of pricing (feel free to PM me if you're willing to share but notin public)? Thanks

/ HLA 3000 9' blade arrives. #4  
Your tractor will handle that blade really nice!

/ HLA 3000 9' blade arrives.
That Powerstar 4.75 is a nice tractor!
Bought the blade from Paige Equipment in Williamson NY for $4800. Had the HLA 2000 on a previous tractor and liked it a lot. Whatever blade you end up getting, make sure the mold board is actually shaped to roll the snow off the blade. Too many people purchase a blade shaped more for pushing snow, not plowing. If you're just doing a small drive or don't get a lot of snow (unlike you) they are ok.

The HLA has a crossover relief valve for that unexpected bump in the road and lateral float that helps maintain the crown and follow contours.

There is another thread on here with a guy who ordered a Land Pride that was less $ that looks pretty nice too, but no dealer near me had one. Good luck in your search!

/ HLA 3000 9' blade arrives. #6  
Thanks very much! That looks like it will be a sweet setup. Just looking at the angling rams on that plow leads me to believe that sucker is built tough. For some reason that plow just looks closer to the quick attach plate than the skid steer units offered by Boss, Western, Fisher, Blizzard and Meyer. My original plan was to use the tractor for all my snow removal needs because I change trucks every 3 years or so on average and the cost of changing plow mounts just seems wasteful. In contrast as long as I kept a suitably big tractor I wouldn't have to change anything when I buy a new tractor. And now that this tractor has enough road speed to get between my properties efficiently , it seems like the way to go. The only hiccup is that the loader does extend out a fair amount and a plow is going to stick out even more so I don't want to whack a bump at 20 to 25 mph and shake the plow or loader apart. The HLA plow seems like it would be up to the task.

My original plan was to find a 3 point snowblower and use that in combination with the FEL. However finding a good used snowblower suitable for my tractor is like finding a needle in a field full of haystacks. And I really want something quicker than the FEL alone. So I was thinking a good plow would be an excellent compromise for now and I could always couple the plow with a blower too when and if the opportunity arrives in the future. I'll see how the budget holds up over the next 3 weeks or so before I pull the trigger. Thanks again.

/ HLA 3000 9' blade arrives. #7  
The HLA has a crossover relief valve for that unexpected bump in the road and lateral float that helps maintain the crown and follow contours.

Went to my NH dealer to purchase a FEL plow and the HLA is what they sell. The only problem was that the plow they sell for my tractor (NH T1510) is way too heavy. According to the pamphlet it came in at around 800 lbs. That's not far from my max lift cap. And, because of that, I decided not to buy it, but even so, I really liked the idea of the lateral float. I ended up buying a Construction Attachments Snow Blade. It has no lateral float, but so far, it has been money well-spent. Congrats on yours - I'm sure it will do just fine on your tractor. :thumbsup:

/ HLA 3000 9' blade arrives.
HLA has the 1000 and 2000 series that are lighter and still have the lateral float. I believe the 1000 series weighs in at around 300 lbs. I haven't owned the 1000 series but I did own a 2000 and it was well built also. Here a photo of the 2000 on my Kioti DK35.

image.jpg

image.jpg

/ HLA 3000 9' blade arrives. #9  
HLA has the 1000 and 2000 series that are lighter and still have the lateral float. I believe the 1000 series weighs in at around 300 lbs. I haven't owned the 1000 series but I did own a 2000 and it was well built also. Here a photo of the 2000 on my Kioti DK35.

View attachment 336019View attachment 336020

My ex-dealer didn't mention anything about the lighter series. He told me that the plow he had in the yard is the one that they use for my tractor and has not had any complaints from customers. I think the dealer was just trying to get rid of his old stock and didn't care how he did it. I don't know! I'm happy with my choice even though it doesn't have L/float - probably not as happy as if it did, but still....

I think that setup of yours looks pretty darn good - especially in orange. Thanks for posting those pictures! :thumbsup:

/ HLA 3000 9' blade arrives. #10  
My ex-dealer didn't mention anything about the lighter series. He told me that the plow he had in the yard is the one that they use for my tractor and has not had any complaints from customers. I think the dealer was just trying to get rid of his old stock and didn't care how he did it. I don't know! I'm happy with my choice even though it doesn't have L/float - probably not as happy as if it did, but still....

I think that setup of yours looks pretty darn good - especially in orange. Thanks for posting those pictures! :thumbsup:

I had a dealer tell me a HLA 1000 series would be enough for my L4240.