Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows

/ Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows #1  

ericdube

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4760
Does anyone own or have any experience with the Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows that use the floating SSQA mount? I'm looking at their 7.5' plow for my Kubota L4760, and they seem to be one of the few manufacturers that offer a factory floating style mount (as opposed to a fixed mount typically found on most skid steers mounts.)

The other manufacturer I've been looking at is Arctic Snow Plows. They also offer a really nice factory floating style mounting option designed specifically for loaders that works with their 7.5' Heavy Duty Poly snow plow.

Any other floating mount plow options I should be looking at? (Most of the ones I've looked at so far don't offer full float only lateral (side) movement.)

Thanks!

/ Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows #2  
Can you supply a link that describes/shows that full float mount?

/ Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows #3  
http://www.meyerproducts.com/portals/0/meyer/pdfs/products/skidsteerbrochure.pdf

Looks like a nice design.

Bout the only other option I can think of, if you are handy, is get a truck mount plow used off c-list. I see 7.5' plows all the time around $500 for a nice one. Plow only ofcourse. Then you could just buy the SS adapter from meyer, adapt your hoses, and save several grand in the process most likely.

What do them SS plows go for?? Have you gotten any quotes?? Truck mounted plow kits like the lot pro are usually in the $5000 range. I would certainly think a SS plow would be ALOT less, since no pump, lights, wiring, etc.

/ Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows #4  
Most tractors already have a float function built into the loader, if yours does you do not want that plow. It also does not have any lateral float that would follow the crown/pitch of your drive. Thirdly there doesn't appear to be a way to lock it out if you run into frozen conditions or want to move piles back.

/ Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows #5  
Having a loader that floats has nothing to do with a plow that also floats. It wont hurt anything. There are tons of truck mounted plows that people have adapted to FEL's that are chained to float and they work just fine.

There was also a thread about a week ago where a member had a rigid plow set-up designed to use loader float, and they were looking to modify it so only the plow would float. That way ALL the weight of the loader and loader arms werent on the plow, rather on the front tires for better traction/turning.

Lateral float..... My truck plow dont even have that and it does fine. Actually, most plows dont even have lateral float other than just what play/slop there are in the pins and a-frame.

Not locking it in, yea, that wouldnt be the greatest for pushing back piles. But if that were needed, put the bucket back on the loader:thumbsup:

/ Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows #6  
Having a loader that floats has nothing to do with a plow that also floats. It wont hurt anything. There are tons of truck mounted plows that people have adapted to FEL's that are chained to float and they work just fine.

There was also a thread about a week ago where a member had a rigid plow set-up designed to use loader float, and they were looking to modify it so only the plow would float. That way ALL the weight of the loader and loader arms werent on the plow, rather on the front tires for better traction/turning.

Lateral float..... My truck plow dont even have that and it does fine. Actually, most plows dont even have lateral float other than just what play/slop there are in the pins and a-frame.

Not locking it in, yea, that wouldnt be the greatest for pushing back piles. But if that were needed, put the bucket back on the loader:thumbsup:

If you are plowing short Burby type drives that are flat with little snow, any plow can work. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on the chain/float mod to save some cash.

I need lateral float to plow a wide paved area on a pretty steep grade and preserve the crown in my road. Here's a picture that shows how lateral float works. I have to push the snow off the sides and without the lateral float one edge of the blade would be hitting and the other side would be 6-8" in the air:

image.jpg

I also have 2250' to the main road so changing out the plow and putting on a bucket to move back the snow piles would be a huge waste of time and fuel.

/ Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows
http://www.meyerproducts.com/portals/0/meyer/pdfs/products/skidsteerbrochure.pdf

Looks like a nice design.

Bout the only other option I can think of, if you are handy, is get a truck mount plow used off c-list. I see 7.5' plows all the time around $500 for a nice one. Plow only of course. Then you could just buy the SS adapter from meyer, adapt your hoses, and save several grand in the process most likely.

What do them SS plows go for?? Have you gotten any quotes?? Truck mounted plow kits like the lot pro are usually in the $5000 range. I would certainly think a SS plow would be ALOT less, since no pump, lights, wiring, etc.

I actually did get a quote for it. The number I was given for the Meyer Lot Pro 7.5' including SSQA float mount and hydraulics was $3085. Delivery was an additional $307 to MA. It was the cheapest (by far) that I've been able to find a float style plow. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on it, but I'd like to see what Arctic comes up with pricing first.

From what I've seen of Arctic's float mount design (they sent me a parts diagram of it), it looks even nicer than the one from Meyer. However, they don't have any information on it posted on their website. I had to contact them directly to even find out about it. I should have pricing in hand by tomorrow to see how much one of their galvanized/poly plow blade setups cost with everything included (just worried about shipping/duties from Canada.)

I've also looked at the truck plow blade option as well. A friend of mine has a Fisher 7.5' in decent shape that he wants $1000 for it. It includes way more than I need though - minute mount quick attach, lights, power module, etc. I could probably part it out and get back at least half my money, but seems like a lot of trouble to go through right now. Then I still have to get a mount fabricated (although I know a semi-local place that will do it) and all the parts for the hydraulics. After being without a tractor for the past 4.5 months, there's already quite a backlog of projects I need to get done before freezes that I'm of the opinion right now that the money savings probably just isn't worth it to me right now.

Thanks!

/ Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows #8  
If you are plowing short Burby type drives that are flat with little snow, any plow can work. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on the chain/float mod to save some cash.

I need lateral float to plow a wide paved area on a pretty steep grade and preserve the crown in my road. Here's a picture that shows how lateral float works. I have to push the snow off the sides and without the lateral float one edge of the blade would be hitting and the other side would be 6-8" in the air:

View attachment 336157

I also have 2250' to the main road so changing out the plow and putting on a bucket to move back the snow piles would be a huge waste of time and fuel.

That is a really sexy looking blade Dave. I think that's going to work out very well for you.

/ Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows #9  
Most tractors already have a float function built into the loader, if yours does you do not want that plow. It also does not have any lateral float that would follow the crown/pitch of your drive. Thirdly there doesn't appear to be a way to lock it out if you run into frozen conditions or want to move piles back.

This style of plow with the float SSQA mount keeps the weight of the loader on the tractor, you get better advantage of 4WD, the tractor steere better, and you don't have the weight of the loader riding on the plow skid shoes.

I have a rigid plow I want to get rid off and covert a truck plow so just the plow floats, not the loader.

/ Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows #10  
Roger,

What you say makes sense and early in the season I don't use the float function until everything freezes up real solid. Even then if I put too much of an aggressive angle on the blade the front end will get light. Maybe there's a sweet spot for weight of blade vs weight of tractor or if you are constantly going through freeze/thaw cycles loader float won't work. I guess that's why they make so many different plows!

This will be the first season with my new tractor/plow combo and I guess we will see how it goes. Hopefully we get tons of snow! (I still would want a blade that I could fix to push back banks)