Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Gold Member ericdube's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    324
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Tractor
    Kubota L4760

    Default Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows

    Does anyone own or have any experience with the Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows that use the floating SSQA mount? I'm looking at their 7.5' plow for my kubota L4760, and they seem to be one of the few manufacturers that offer a factory floating style mount (as opposed to a fixed mount typically found on most skid steers mounts.)

    The other manufacturer I've been looking at is Arctic Snow Plows. They also offer a really nice factory floating style mounting option designed specifically for loaders that works with their 7.5' Heavy Duty Poly snow plow.

    Any other floating mount plow options I should be looking at? (Most of the ones I've looked at so far don't offer full float only lateral (side) movement.)

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Platinum Member Deerherd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    577
    Location
    315ver, NY
    Tractor
    LS P7030 CPS, Ferris IS3100z w/37 HP Kawasaki

    Default Re: Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows

    Can you supply a link that describes/shows that full float mount?

  3. #3
    Super Member LD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,988
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

    Default Re: Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows

    http://www.meyerproducts.com/portals...erbrochure.pdf

    Looks like a nice design.

    Bout the only other option I can think of, if you are handy, is get a truck mount plow used off c-list. I see 7.5' plows all the time around $500 for a nice one. Plow only ofcourse. Then you could just buy the SS adapter from meyer, adapt your hoses, and save several grand in the process most likely.

    What do them SS plows go for?? Have you gotten any quotes?? Truck mounted plow kits like the lot pro are usually in the $5000 range. I would certainly think a SS plow would be ALOT less, since no pump, lights, wiring, etc.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."


    Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

  4. #4
    Platinum Member Deerherd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    577
    Location
    315ver, NY
    Tractor
    LS P7030 CPS, Ferris IS3100z w/37 HP Kawasaki

    Default Re: Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows

    Most tractors already have a float function built into the loader, if yours does you do not want that plow. It also does not have any lateral float that would follow the crown/pitch of your drive. Thirdly there doesn't appear to be a way to lock it out if you run into frozen conditions or want to move piles back.

  5. #5
    Super Member LD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,988
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

    Default Re: Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows

    Having a loader that floats has nothing to do with a plow that also floats. It wont hurt anything. There are tons of truck mounted plows that people have adapted to FEL's that are chained to float and they work just fine.

    There was also a thread about a week ago where a member had a rigid plow set-up designed to use loader float, and they were looking to modify it so only the plow would float. That way ALL the weight of the loader and loader arms werent on the plow, rather on the front tires for better traction/turning.

    Lateral float..... My truck plow dont even have that and it does fine. Actually, most plows dont even have lateral float other than just what play/slop there are in the pins and a-frame.

    Not locking it in, yea, that wouldnt be the greatest for pushing back piles. But if that were needed, put the bucket back on the loader
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."


    Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

  6. #6
    Platinum Member Deerherd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    577
    Location
    315ver, NY
    Tractor
    LS P7030 CPS, Ferris IS3100z w/37 HP Kawasaki

    Default Re: Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows

    Quote Originally Posted by LD1 View Post
    Having a loader that floats has nothing to do with a plow that also floats. It wont hurt anything. There are tons of truck mounted plows that people have adapted to FEL's that are chained to float and they work just fine.

    There was also a thread about a week ago where a member had a rigid plow set-up designed to use loader float, and they were looking to modify it so only the plow would float. That way ALL the weight of the loader and loader arms werent on the plow, rather on the front tires for better traction/turning.

    Lateral float..... My truck plow dont even have that and it does fine. Actually, most plows dont even have lateral float other than just what play/slop there are in the pins and a-frame.

    Not locking it in, yea, that wouldnt be the greatest for pushing back piles. But if that were needed, put the bucket back on the loader
    If you are plowing short Burby type drives that are flat with little snow, any plow can work. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on the chain/float mod to save some cash.

    I need lateral float to plow a wide paved area on a pretty steep grade and preserve the crown in my road. Here's a picture that shows how lateral float works. I have to push the snow off the sides and without the lateral float one edge of the blade would be hitting and the other side would be 6-8" in the air:

    -image-jpg

    I also have 2250' to the main road so changing out the plow and putting on a bucket to move back the snow piles would be a huge waste of time and fuel.

  7. #7
    Gold Member ericdube's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    324
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Tractor
    Kubota L4760

    Default Re: Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows

    Quote Originally Posted by LD1 View Post
    http://www.meyerproducts.com/portals...erbrochure.pdf

    Looks like a nice design.

    Bout the only other option I can think of, if you are handy, is get a truck mount plow used off c-list. I see 7.5' plows all the time around $500 for a nice one. Plow only of course. Then you could just buy the SS adapter from meyer, adapt your hoses, and save several grand in the process most likely.

    What do them SS plows go for?? Have you gotten any quotes?? Truck mounted plow kits like the lot pro are usually in the $5000 range. I would certainly think a SS plow would be ALOT less, since no pump, lights, wiring, etc.
    I actually did get a quote for it. The number I was given for the Meyer Lot Pro 7.5' including SSQA float mount and hydraulics was $3085. Delivery was an additional $307 to MA. It was the cheapest (by far) that I've been able to find a float style plow. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on it, but I'd like to see what Arctic comes up with pricing first.

    From what I've seen of Arctic's float mount design (they sent me a parts diagram of it), it looks even nicer than the one from Meyer. However, they don't have any information on it posted on their website. I had to contact them directly to even find out about it. I should have pricing in hand by tomorrow to see how much one of their galvanized/poly plow blade setups cost with everything included (just worried about shipping/duties from Canada.)

    I've also looked at the truck plow blade option as well. A friend of mine has a Fisher 7.5' in decent shape that he wants $1000 for it. It includes way more than I need though - minute mount quick attach, lights, power module, etc. I could probably part it out and get back at least half my money, but seems like a lot of trouble to go through right now. Then I still have to get a mount fabricated (although I know a semi-local place that will do it) and all the parts for the hydraulics. After being without a tractor for the past 4.5 months, there's already quite a backlog of projects I need to get done before freezes that I'm of the opinion right now that the money savings probably just isn't worth it to me right now.

    Thanks!

  8. #8
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    547
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Tractor
    New Holland Powerstar T4.75

    Default Re: Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows

    Quote Originally Posted by Deerherd View Post
    If you are plowing short Burby type drives that are flat with little snow, any plow can work. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on the chain/float mod to save some cash.

    I need lateral float to plow a wide paved area on a pretty steep grade and preserve the crown in my road. Here's a picture that shows how lateral float works. I have to push the snow off the sides and without the lateral float one edge of the blade would be hitting and the other side would be 6-8" in the air:

    -image-jpg

    I also have 2250' to the main road so changing out the plow and putting on a bucket to move back the snow piles would be a huge waste of time and fuel.
    That is a really sexy looking blade Dave. I think that's going to work out very well for you.
    Chance favors the prepared mind

    My toys:
    - 2013 New Holland Powerstar T4.75 cab tractor with FEL
    - Alamo SHD 88 Flail Mower
    - RAD Technologies Blizzard B94 3 Point Hitch Snow Blower
    - Bush Hog Squealer 60" (looking for an upgrade)
    - 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Z71 Duramax/Allison
    - 2008 Polaris Sportsman 800 Stealth
    - PJ 20+5 foot Gooseneck Deckover trailer

  9. #9
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,139
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default Re: Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows

    Quote Originally Posted by Deerherd View Post
    Most tractors already have a float function built into the loader, if yours does you do not want that plow. It also does not have any lateral float that would follow the crown/pitch of your drive. Thirdly there doesn't appear to be a way to lock it out if you run into frozen conditions or want to move piles back.
    This style of plow with the float SSQA mount keeps the weight of the loader on the tractor, you get better advantage of 4WD, the tractor steere better, and you don't have the weight of the loader riding on the plow skid shoes.

    I have a rigid plow I want to get rid off and covert a truck plow so just the plow floats, not the loader.

  10. #10
    Platinum Member Deerherd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    577
    Location
    315ver, NY
    Tractor
    LS P7030 CPS, Ferris IS3100z w/37 HP Kawasaki

    Default Re: Meyer Lot Pro Snow Plows

    Roger,

    What you say makes sense and early in the season I don't use the float function until everything freezes up real solid. Even then if I put too much of an aggressive angle on the blade the front end will get light. Maybe there's a sweet spot for weight of blade vs weight of tractor or if you are constantly going through freeze/thaw cycles loader float won't work. I guess that's why they make so many different plows!

    This will be the first season with my new tractor/plow combo and I guess we will see how it goes. Hopefully we get tons of snow! (I still would want a blade that I could fix to push back banks)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Meyer Snow Plow build for Kubota L4200
    By mcd176 in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 08:20 PM
  2. Snow Attachments snow plows
    By sta5fire in forum Snow Removal
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 07:24 PM
  3. Adapted a Meyer snow plow to a JD 4300...
    By swa240z in forum Customization
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 09:58 PM
  4. Narrowed Meyer snow plow?
    By Scaper in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 10:01 PM
  5. meyer snow plow parts
    By greenthumb in forum Projects
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 08:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.