found a Erskine 6' Snowblower Model 781RP - pull behind good choice?

/ found a Erskine 6' Snowblower Model 781RP - pull behind good choice? #1  

fluffers

Tractor
none
-new to the tractors=just bought a Kubota 5740 and need a snowblower for about a 1000= dirt driveway-I found a 2 yr old erskine pull behind with hydraulic chute for $3000- seems like a great deal= what do you experts thik-ttractor has FEL- thanks for all the advice=

/ found a Erskine 6' Snowblower Model 781RP - pull behind good choice? #2  
-new to the tractors=just bought a Kubota 5740 and need a snowblower for about a 1000= dirt driveway-I found a 2 yr old erskine pull behind with hydraulic chute for $3000- seems like a great deal= what do you experts thik-ttractor has FEL- thanks for all the advice=

Shop around and see what $3k will buy.

You might find something you like even more.

/ found a Erskine 6' Snowblower Model 781RP - pull behind good choice? #3  
They are good in marginal snow areas. Remember that for most snow removal equipment that the tractor doesn't need a lot of tread because if it is working the snow is gone, not so in this case as you are driving over all of it first!!

/ found a Erskine 6' Snowblower Model 781RP - pull behind good choice? #4  
AS my friend Art has so well detailed;

It is not a good idea in your neck of the New England wilderness period.

How many rear hydraulic outlet pairs do you have?? you should have two at least pairs
of hydraulic outlets But one pair will suffice for the rotation function only.

The purchase of a rear mount snow caster for the tractor is a much
better choice as you are dealing with heavy wet snows in Vermont.

I would rather see you purchase a Pronovost two stage snow caster from
Art for your use as the snow caster will outlast your 5740.

The other issue is you need to have ballast fluid added to the rear tires and
you need snow chains.

There are many types fo snow and ice chains available in many styles and
its best to talk to your neighbors about the type of snow and ice you will
have to deal with. AND its better to spend more money up front do you
have zero issues later on.

/ found a Erskine 6' Snowblower Model 781RP - pull behind good choice? #5  
I have a 6' Meteor pull behind and last winter we had 3 major storms (>12" deep per storm). We were away for 2 of 3 and came home to 24" - 30" in the 900' driveway.

Jumped on the CK25 and started blowing. It had no problem driving threw the snow, but my 19 pto hp was a little light to run the blower with that kinda load. It worked fine, but the tractor tended to bog down and the chute then plugs up. :thumbdown:

This year, I upgraded to the DK40 with 32 pto hp, I'll be in better shape. :thumbsup:

/ found a Erskine 6' Snowblower Model 781RP - pull behind good choice? #6  
Here in Scandinavia pull behind blowers are the only type that are in use, cant understand it is any problem to use them.

/ found a Erskine 6' Snowblower Model 781RP - pull behind good choice? #7  
Here in Scandinavia pull behind blowers are the only type that are in use, cant understand it is any problem to use them.

In my case, the problem was too little power and too big a blower. I cant imagine using the the push behind type, hard on the neck.