anyone using a WoodMaxx blower??

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #161  
Do any of you guys use a Kubota BX with a woodmaxx blower?

I only have a BX1860 and am sure that the SB48 would work well. But darn I would like to get a SB60 if I could get away with it. I talked to a guy whom has the same tractor and runs a 50" blower. Said he has not trouble at all running it and said he thought it could run a 60". However, I do not know what type of blower he had. So the fan may not be as heavy duty as the woodmaxx.

The SB60 also says it weighs 695lbs. Not sure if this is accurate, if so then most Kubota BX tractors could not lift it (per the 3pt weight ratings).

Would love to hear your input! I would love to be able to run a SB60 but don't want to get one too big and be unhappy.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #162  
Horsmanlife,

That would be way too much blower for your tractor. There's a rule of thumb, that like most rules-of-thumb can be broken, that says 5 hp per foot of blower width. That is conservative, but not by a whole bunch.

If your tractor could lift it, you would still find maneuverability severely impacted. Plus, depending on the snow density and depth, you would need to go extra slow or take partial passes to avoid bogging. The wider blower would end up being no faster or more efficient than the 4 footer, maybe even slower. The only reason I could see getting the bigger blower would be if you were going to move to a larger tractor soon.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #163  

I only have a BX1860 and am sure that the SB48 would work well. But darn I would like to get a SB60 if I could get away with it. I talked to a guy whom has the same tractor and runs a 50" blower. Said he has not trouble at all running it and said he thought it could run a 60". However, I do not know what type of blower he had. So the fan may not be as heavy duty as the woodmaxx.

The SB60 also says it weighs 695lbs. Not sure if this is accurate, if so then most Kubota BX tractors could not lift it (per the 3pt weight ratings).

Would love to hear your input! I would love to be able to run a SB60 but don't want to get one too big and be unhappy.
Per tractordata.com (TractorData.com Kubota BX186 tractor information) your tractor is rated to lift 670 lb at 24 in out from ends of the lower arms of 3-point. In my opinion that would mean that the sb60 would be too heavy for your tractor. Power-wise, as long as most of your snow is light you should be able to handle it. But if you can't pick it up or keep the front wheels on the ground while it's up in the air that just won't work.
You might be able to use somebody else's lighter 60 inch snowblower, but that one is just too heavy in my personal opinion.
Aaron Z

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #164  

========================================================================================

Your better off buying a 48 inch two stage snow caster from a local dealer and adding 6 inch wings to it using angle iron bent to 30 degrees to make snow gathering wings for it to make it wider as you will have many fewer problems

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #165  

I only have a BX1860 and am sure that the SB48 would work well. But darn I would like to get a SB60 if I could get away with

I will echo the others and say that the SB60 is way too much blower for a BX tractor. I think even the SB48 might be a little on the big and heavy side. There's more than just working width, there's auger size, fan size and weight, etc.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #166  
My GC 2410 does a pretty good job of utilizing the SB60. One of the problems is that as you can see in my avatar, the snowblower extends so far away from the tractor. Every time I have a slight incline or decline it stops the tractor. Its a lot of snowblower and weighs a lot-very well made. Comes from China so with the latest tarrifs war im certain the price will go up.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #167  
The guys a woodmax are not afraid of putting extra metal in their stuff. My 48" has every part double the thickness of my prior snowblower. Its within a few pounds of maxing my 3 pt. hitch capacity.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #168  
I just bought a WoodMaxx SB60 blower for my B2150. I've only used it twice so far but it did a great job on 9" of heavy snow. One thing to consider is its weight (around 700 lbs). I had to add approx. 300 lbs. of front ballast for steering and traction.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #169  
I just bought a WoodMaxx SB60 blower for my B2150. I've only used it twice so far but it did a great job on 9" of heavy snow. One thing to consider is its weight (around 700 lbs). I had to add approx. 300 lbs. of front ballast for steering and traction.

I use a 3PT Allied 60" blowrr on my B2150 when the snow is deeper than 6".

For front counterweight, I just pick up a nice big load of snow in the FEL and it has been enough to maintain control/steering.

/ anyone using a WoodMaxx blower?? #170  
I use a 3PT Allied 60" blowrr on my B2150 when the snow is deeper than 6".

For front counterweight, I just pick up a nice big load of snow in the FEL and it has been enough to maintain control/steering.

Yeah, a FEL would be nice!