Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Who's ready for winter 13/14 ?

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #1  

mpham

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B 2650 cab
Anyone besides me ready for winter? I just hooked up the blower and wired up all my lights. I just have to open the heat valves and install the doors. We have had snow as early as next week here. I also see snow forecast for Colorado. Anyone else ready?

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #2  
Not me. Haven't even thought about it much yet.

I have plenty of backhoe work to do and as long as this weather lasts, I'll be doing that. I would like to do some thinning and chipping too before the blower and chains go on, but that can wait til next year if it has to.

I think it was Halloween Night two years ago we had 8" of wet snow. Trick or Treat :eek:

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #3  
Not ready yet--have to get through "leaf season" first. I live within a 265 acre forest and affectionately refer to fall as "nuclear winter" around here. Thank God for an Agrimetal blower.

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #4  
Just had a new plow put on the truck yesterday. Never had anything but fisher plows but went with a Blizzard this time. Today I'm going to start and service the sander and put the curb guards on the plow. I'm ready

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #5  
yep here is my new snow weapon a 51 inch snowblower (Braber Agri Ease) and the improvements to my cab to keep wind off my face, I added heavy black felt, it is easy to work with and I have a slit in back to reach thru and manually adjust chute.....now where is the snow to try it out ! The older picture is what I used last year.

Attachments

• DSCN1414.jpg
    DSCN1414.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 430
  • DSCN1061.jpg
    DSCN1061.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 495
   / Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #6  
My snow caster is all greased/painted up since last Spring. Even pulled the fan this year and did a good paint job... back of fan had never been painted before. Tractor is ready. But would take about 1/2 hour or so to plop the hoe on it's cart and hitch up the blower. Still a lot of stumps and other things to do for quite awhile yet. I am not rushing thru Fall, which is actually my favorite season of the year. Usually, if you get an early snow, it doesn't last long... BUT, you never know.... :)

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #7  
NOOO!!! My new 54" snowblower is in stock, though - waiting for me to throw in the towel on fall & get it.

Need to finish leaf mulching first.

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #8  
76 degrees today be at least 2 months I don't panic 2 minutes I can have my pusher chained on the bucket blower and chains only if big storm comin ags are fine til ground freezes and layer of ice

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #9  
Just bought a 4500 series Ventrac just for the Quick change front Hitch so I can easily hook up my 54" Snow Blower Thats built like a (you know what.)

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #10  
The Kubota is not ready for winter, still working on other projects. I recently purchased an FFC V-plow, but don't have the hoses yet to run to my rear remotes. Thinking I'll chain up and be ready in mid-November. The Unimog is ready, but probably won't see action until we get quite a bit of snow. No significant snow yet in our part of Colorado, whereas Steamboat Springs (northern) had 10 inches as of this morning.