Western MVP3 V-Plow

/ Western MVP3 V-Plow #1  

Blaneypark

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 790, JD4100,JD318,JD216 Grasshopper 322D,Wright 52 Stander
I plow approx. 35 drives, a few that are long, plus one road/drive approx a mile long. Thinking real hard og getting a MVP3 V-Plow to put on my 2500HD GMC pickup.to make plowing I think easier. Now I have a Western 7'6" straight plow. Pros or Cons???

/ Western MVP3 V-Plow #2  
V-plow in "scoop" configuration is unmatched for clearing parking areas. And nothing beats V config for breaking drifts.

/ Western MVP3 V-Plow #3  
I don't think you'd go wrong w/ the MVP3, especially for the long road/drive. The flared ends will be great for that. Depending how much snow you get it'll also help to build up the edges higher than your straight blade. I'll probably pick one up myself next year.

/ Western MVP3 V-Plow #4  
I commercial plowed for over 20 years and when I went to a 9'6" v-plow I cut a honest 1/3rd off my time. Be sure that the wings are power forward and BACK or when you are backblading the wings will fold forward. CJ

/ Western MVP3 V-Plow #5  
You will love the V Plow. I have a Boss and am not brand loyal but I love plowing with it. I can move mega snow compared to my old straight blade.

/ Western MVP3 V-Plow #6  
I plow approx. 35 drives, a few that are long, plus one road/drive approx a mile long. Thinking real hard og getting a MVP3 V-Plow to put on my 2500HD GMC pickup.to make plowing I think easier. Now I have a Western 7'6" straight plow. Pros or Cons???

I strongly recommend against the mvp3. I bought one this year and have used it once and its already all bent up on the sides. if you check them out in person you'll notice the steel backing up the Skins is very thin (around 1/8 in) on the outside edges of plow. I've always thought western was a great company and engineered their plows last but they fail way short on this one. I've even spoken to a rep and they wont back it up. so if its not to late id go with something else!