Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 790, JD4100,JD318,JD216 Grasshopper 322D,Wright 52 Stander

Default Western MVP3 V-Plow

I plow approx. 35 drives, a few that are long, plus one road/drive approx a mile long. Thinking real hard og getting a MVP3 V-Plow to put on my 2500HD GMC pickup.to make plowing I think easier. Now I have a Western 7'6" straight plow. Pros or Cons???

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV

Default Re: Western MVP3 V-Plow

V-plow in "scoop" configuration is unmatched for clearing parking areas. And nothing beats V config for breaking drifts.

Tractor
    NONE

I don't think you'd go wrong w/ the MVP3, especially for the long road/drive. The flared ends will be great for that. Depending how much snow you get it'll also help to build up the edges higher than your straight blade. I'll probably pick one up myself next year.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

I commercial plowed for over 20 years and when I went to a 9'6" v-plow I cut a honest 1/3rd off my time. Be sure that the wings are power forward and BACK or when you are backblading the wings will fold forward. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Iseki TA 247. Husqvarna 54",Gravely Zero, Cub Zero,.Polaris 850 ATV's Stihl 018 026 Pro, 029, 034 Super AV, 039, 044 Mag. Stihl Pole Saw.

You will love the V Plow. I have a Boss and am not brand loyal but I love plowing with it. I can move mega snow compared to my old straight blade.

Tractor
    western

Quote Originally Posted by Blaneypark View Post
    I plow approx. 35 drives, a few that are long, plus one road/drive approx a mile long. Thinking real hard og getting a MVP3 V-Plow to put on my 2500HD GMC pickup.to make plowing I think easier. Now I have a Western 7'6" straight plow. Pros or Cons???
    I strongly recommend against the mvp3. I bought one this year and have used it once and its already all bent up on the sides. if you check them out in person you'll notice the steel backing up the Skins is very thin (around 1/8 in) on the outside edges of plow. I've always thought western was a great company and engineered their plows last but they fail way short on this one. I've even spoken to a rep and they wont back it up. so if its not to late id go with something else!