Snow Attachments Quick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float

/ Quick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float #1  

Todd3773

Tractor
Kubota L5740
I have a 2 mile gravel road that I plow with a lot of turns, hills, switchbacks undulation, etc... I read a lot of the prior posts and input so this is what I came up with. I waited until spring to find a cheap plow on CL, luckily I had it done and was able to use it on this last dump we got of 8". Worked great, very happy with it. Thought I would give back a little to the forum if there is anyone else that is looking to do a conversion plate.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto 6.jpgphoto 7.jpg

/ Quick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float #2  
Looks great! I'm looking for a cheap plow to make one myself. We normally don't see a lot of snow here, but this winter has me wishing I had one in the barn.

/ Quick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float #3  
I have been trying to figure out what lateral float is. Now I think I get it. It's the pivot on the round stock in the bottom of the attachment, right?

/ Quick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float
Yes, it allows the plow to follow the road independent of the tractor. One of the issues with a plow on a FEL is that it is further out from the front wheels than it is on a truck and the front end of a tractor doesn't give near as much as the suspension on a truck. You end up having the edges of the plow dig into the road more when the road isn't flat, or if it is frozen hard the plow rides up and leaves snow in the lower areas.

/ Quick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float #5  
Todd3773. Are those plow wings your design? Your mount looks great. Do you have trouble when the blade is turned, sliding the front wheels? lt190b

/ Quick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float #6  
Thanks for posting. Nice piece of equipment.

Plow is a 7.5' Meyer, wings are also Meyer wings. It adds about 20" to the overall width. With the chain I can keep the A-frame of the plow off the ground about 6" and therefore the FEL arms are suspended which puts their weight on the front tires. I use the bucket tilt to raise and lower the plow with the chain. It really works well. I have loaded tires and h-chains on the rear only. No stearing problems, only issue I have is traction when pushing a lot of snow up a steep incline. I have a spreader on the back I use to sand the road which is light. I have tried to keep it loaded with sand but it then freezes in the spreader.

Thanks GP.

/ Quick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float #9  
Plow is a 7.5' Meyer, wings are also Meyer wings. It adds about 20" to the overall width. With the chain I can keep the A-frame of the plow off the ground about 6" and therefore the FEL arms are suspended which puts their weight on the front tires. I use the bucket tilt to raise and lower the plow with the chain. It really works well. I have loaded tires and h-chains on the rear only. No stearing problems, only issue I have is traction when pushing a lot of snow up a steep incline. I have a spreader on the back I use to sand the road which is light. I have tried to keep it loaded with sand but it then freezes in the spreader.
If you use the bucket curl to raise the blade how do you angle left right? 3 point pto spreader? lt190b

I had a 3rd function added to the front specifically for running the angle functions of the plow. The controls are on the FEL control joystick. The spreader is on the 3pt and runs off the PTO.

photo 8.jpgphoto 9.jpgphoto 10.jpg