Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740

Default Quick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float

I have a 2 mile gravel road that I plow with a lot of turns, hills, switchbacks undulation, etc... I read a lot of the prior posts and input so this is what I came up with. I waited until spring to find a cheap plow on CL, luckily I had it done and was able to use it on this last dump we got of 8". Worked great, very happy with it. Thought I would give back a little to the forum if there is anyone else that is looking to do a conversion plate.

Quick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float-photo-1-jpgQuick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float-photo-2-jpgQuick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float-photo-3-jpgQuick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float-photo-4-jpgQuick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float-photo-5-jpgQuick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float-photo-6-jpgQuick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float-photo-7-jpg

Tractor
    LS XR4046HC, New Holland Boomer 1020

Default Re: Quick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float

Looks great! I'm looking for a cheap plow to make one myself. We normally don't see a lot of snow here, but this winter has me wishing I had one in the barn.
    1 cross + 3 nails = 4given
    Write with chisel when I'm gone, "Return to sender" on my stone.

LS XR4046HC, hyd top link, 22" 120W LED light bar, Titan bale spear/60" pallet forks, Land Pride 72" brush hog, King Kutter 72" box blade, Woods 60" rear blade, King Kutter 60" tiller, and one heavy ballast box

http://www.santapawspetpark.com

Tractor
    Kubota B2620 with BH65 backhoe, Ford 2N

I have been trying to figure out what lateral float is. Now I think I get it. It's the pivot on the round stock in the bottom of the attachment, right?

Tractor
    Kubota L5740

Yes, it allows the plow to follow the road independent of the tractor. One of the issues with a plow on a FEL is that it is further out from the front wheels than it is on a truck and the front end of a tractor doesn't give near as much as the suspension on a truck. You end up having the edges of the plow dig into the road more when the road isn't flat, or if it is frozen hard the plow rides up and leaves snow in the lower areas.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    farmall 40

Todd3773. Are those plow wings your design? Your mount looks great. Do you have trouble when the blade is turned, sliding the front wheels? lt190b

Tractor
    Kubota B2620 with BH65 backhoe, Ford 2N

Thanks for posting. Nice piece of equipment.

Tractor
    Kubota L5740

Plow is a 7.5' Meyer, wings are also Meyer wings. It adds about 20" to the overall width. With the chain I can keep the A-frame of the plow off the ground about 6" and therefore the FEL arms are suspended which puts their weight on the front tires. I use the bucket tilt to raise and lower the plow with the chain. It really works well. I have loaded tires and h-chains on the rear only. No stearing problems, only issue I have is traction when pushing a lot of snow up a steep incline. I have a spreader on the back I use to sand the road which is light. I have tried to keep it loaded with sand but it then freezes in the spreader.

Tractor
    Kubota L5740

Thanks GP.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    farmall 40

Quote Originally Posted by Todd3773 View Post
    Plow is a 7.5' Meyer, wings are also Meyer wings. It adds about 20" to the overall width. With the chain I can keep the A-frame of the plow off the ground about 6" and therefore the FEL arms are suspended which puts their weight on the front tires. I use the bucket tilt to raise and lower the plow with the chain. It really works well. I have loaded tires and h-chains on the rear only. No stearing problems, only issue I have is traction when pushing a lot of snow up a steep incline. I have a spreader on the back I use to sand the road which is light. I have tried to keep it loaded with sand but it then freezes in the spreader.
    If you use the bucket curl to raise the blade how do you angle left right? 3 point pto spreader? lt190b

Tractor
    Kubota L5740

I had a 3rd function added to the front specifically for running the angle functions of the plow. The controls are on the FEL control joystick. The spreader is on the 3pt and runs off the PTO.

Quick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float-photo-8-jpgQuick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float-photo-9-jpgQuick tach truck plow conversion with lateral float-photo-10-jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast