Need a sure thing

/ Need a sure thing #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
I'll be buying a new Kioti ck35 shuttle soon. I've always thought that I'd get an old truck plow and hook it to the SSQA for snow. Now I'm hearing that's a bad idea, I could twist up the loader arms.
Then I'm thinking hook up the truck snowplow directly to the tractor frame. Now I'm hearing that even with rear ballast, the tractor is too light and will be thrown around.
I know I can always use the front loader and the rear blade, but my driveway is 800' shale.
That leaves me with a snowblower. I'm totally unfamiliar with a snowblower. I guess it would be rear mount. Is a rear mount snowblower on a Kioti ck35 a sure thing?

/ Need a sure thing #2  
The only sure things in life are death and taxes.
That being said, there are arguments for and against rear mount snow blowers. Myself having a bad back and being 67 years old, I use a front mount blower, but they co$t way more than a rear mount ($6,000.oo ), but they are easier on the back.
Do you get lots of snow in a normal winter?
Would a scraper blade do the trick for you?
Do you have places to put lots of snow or do you need to relocate it due to tight areas?

There will be others that come on here and will have other questions as well.

/ Need a sure thing #3  
I'm not sure where you are and how much snow you get but I adapted a truck plow to the frame of a kubota b2620 which is a lot smaller than your tractor and it plows snow just fine. I've pushed around over a foot without issue and I think it would do more but I just haven't tried.

/ Need a sure thing
N.E Pa.
haveissues, snowplows on tractors are controversial. If I could get away with a plow and ballast on the Kioti, I'd go that route. I'd really like to use the SSQA.

/ Need a sure thing #5  
Blower one shot deal....no snow banks to push back,BIG measure might have to use blower twice,plow you you should use twice.

If your gently operator and don't mind the seat time attach plow..plow you can clean close to ground surface.
I plow attach to bucket for many years and no damage.

/ Need a sure thing #6  
N.E Pa.
haveissues, snowplows on tractors are controversial. If I could get away with a plow and ballast on the Kioti, I'd go that route. I'd really like to use the SSQA.
I've been using that setup for years. Works fine

Attachments

• HPIM1280.JPG
    HPIM1280.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 154
   / Need a sure thing #7  
As long as the plow trips (has springs and will fold forward if you hit something) and you are cautious, you should be okay with the plow. Honestly, though, a rear blower is a better tool. You don't make snow banks on the side of your drive that catch blowing snow.

I'm saving up for a blower myself. Seems about $1000 can get a used one around here.

/ Need a sure thing #8  
Lots here have FEL mounted plows.

Attachments

• 100_0818.jpg
    100_0818.jpg
    657 KB · Views: 138
   / Need a sure thing
My first choice would be a plow in place of the loader bucket. I have heard horror stories of bent loader arms. What happens after about the 3rd snowfall and the banks are high and frozen? There has to be lots of stress on the loader arms.
I'll try the plow method first, but I'll feel better knowing that a rear mounted blower will absolutely work if need be. I'm opting for a rear hydraulic remote on the Kioti for this reason.

/ Need a sure thing #10  
A lot depends on your average snowfall.70 miles south of me they got 300+inchs.Blower country for sure.We may have got 100in.
With a plow you soon learn to push your banks back.With the SS mount it only takes a few minutes to put the bucket back on if needed.Plows are much faster.