Normand, Lorenz and Pronovost snowblowers for a 60hp, 50 PTO hp CUT?

/ Normand, Lorenz and Pronovost snowblowers for a 60hp, 50 PTO hp CUT? #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
I'm looking into Normand, Lorenz and Pronovost snowblowers for a 60hp, 50 PTO hp CUT for use on 1/2 mile dirt/gravel drive and any for hire business I can drum up, which may include an additional 1/2 to 1 miles of township road. The blower will be used in combination with a loader-mounted Hiniker 8' Big Ox plow.

Any experience with any of these companies equipment and any recommendations?

Thanks!

/ Normand, Lorenz and Pronovost snowblowers for a 60hp, 50 PTO hp CUT? #2  
Normand and Pronovost are certainly commercial grade blowers. If you can get a model where the blower drum turns so you can throw snow without it going up the chute you will be very pleased with the better performance in how far it can throw the snow to either side. This is the style used on airport runways which are very wide. Also used by people who clean large parking lots.
Dave M7040

/ Normand, Lorenz and Pronovost snowblowers for a 60hp, 50 PTO hp CUT? #3  
I bought a used 5' Lorenz blower several years ago. The guy I bought it from had bought a hydro powered Lorenz for his skid steer. It seems the paddle type augers work good for breaking up tough stuff. I had been plowing snow into a pile for some time and it was a hard frozen pile. I was able to walk right through it with the blower. I am never worried I will break something on it.

/ Normand, Lorenz and Pronovost snowblowers for a 60hp, 50 PTO hp CUT? #4  
50 horsepower at the PTO is not a lot of power. I think that may be ok for your own driveway, or doing a bunch of residential drives that are close together. But when you start doing a mile of road, that's a different ball game. I had to use a 50 PTO hp. blower this winter for 2 days and it was kind painful. But i was used to my 93 PTO horsepower New Holland, with my Normand 92-280 Inverted. We had 45+ plowable events and 152" of snow this year.
Horsepower makes the job MUCH easier. ..

/ Normand, Lorenz and Pronovost snowblowers for a 60hp, 50 PTO hp CUT? #6  
For that much snowblowing, I would absolutely go with an inverted (pull behind) blower. You would not want to be turning around or watching a rear view camera for that much snowblowing.

Excav8ter can give you some real life experience recommendations on inverted vs. standard rear blowers.

Unless you routinely get well over 2' of snow at one time, and are planning on waiting until the end of the storm to blow the snow, I can't see any reason to go with standard rear blower where your always backing up.

/ Normand, Lorenz and Pronovost snowblowers for a 60hp, 50 PTO hp CUT? #7  
I agree, a rear-pull would be the way to go in this instance,,
I'm surprised the township would allow a rear-push type to do their road.

/ Normand, Lorenz and Pronovost snowblowers for a 60hp, 50 PTO hp CUT? #8  
I agree, a rear-pull would be the way to go in this instance,,
I'm surprised the township would allow a rear-push type to do their road.

This kind of and old thread, but welcome to our neck of the woods. Where I'm at most of the townships are cash strapped and will not plow the roads until they absolutely have to. I end up blowing 1/2 mile of gravel 6-12 times a year just so we can get to work and back home.

/ Normand, Lorenz and Pronovost snowblowers for a 60hp, 50 PTO hp CUT? #9  
I'm looking into Normand, Lorenz and Pronovost snowblowers for a 60hp, 50 PTO hp CUT for use on 1/2 mile dirt/gravel drive and any for hire business I can drum up, which may include an additional 1/2 to 1 miles of township road. The blower will be used in combination with a loader-mounted Hiniker 8' Big Ox plow.

Any experience with any of these companies equipment and any recommendations?

I have a Normand - I'm pretty sure Normand and Pronovost are the same machines. There are only something like 3 manufacturers that make them all. My Normand (Econor) is your basic rugged 3pt blower, as are the Pronovosts. They're all pretty much the same design - pick a width then buy the one that is heaviest, since more weight means thicker steel, and thicker is better.

Personally, I'd go with Lorenz - they use a completely different design - their dual blender-blade auger design is downright nasty - you could eat a car with one. For grinding up icy berms, nothing would be better.

Edit: Didn't notice this was an old thread.

/ Normand, Lorenz and Pronovost snowblowers for a 60hp, 50 PTO hp CUT? #10  
Jay, Econor as the name implies is your basic entry-level or homeowner series, they also have a commercial line and the top of the line industrial series.

And yes Pronovost's are similar although a different company altogether, both highly rated and pricy.