SSQA snowplow mount

/ SSQA snowplow mount #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
I'm reading about how a frame mount is preferred over a quick attach mount using the loader arms. Makes sense that loader arms can be damaged. I'd like to hear from anyone who actually bent or damaged loader arms while snowplowing.

/ SSQA snowplow mount #2  
I have had my FEL mounted snowplow for four years(do about 2 miles) and have had no problems.
8ft.Curtis(old truck plow) on a L4240 Kubota.
I had a six ft.sub-frame mounted on a L3130 HST Kubota and it worked fine but had limited lift and the loader had to be removed.
The plow has trip springs.

/ SSQA snowplow mount
Thanks for the reply. One would think that if mounting a snowplow on the loader arms was really so problematic, others would have chimed in here.

/ SSQA snowplow mount #4  
I have a7 1/2 foot Fisher ( old truck plow ) welded to a QA plate. I like it because I can get some down pressure when needed and can stack snow 12 feet in the air.

/ SSQA snowplow mount #5  
Been plowing for years with a loader mounted snow plow.
No problems

/ SSQA snowplow mount #6  
3rd season with my 7 foot loader mount unit. never any issues. works great

/ SSQA snowplow mount #7  
Snow engaging is different from ground engaging as far as load on the frame vs FEL goes

/ SSQA snowplow mount
Could it be the slow plowing speeds that prevent loader arm damage?

/ SSQA snowplow mount #9  
I have had both scenarios. In my opinion I like the frame mount much better. The swing of the machine with the loader arms and then a plow out front is a pretty wide arc. I have to plow in sone tight places so this is a problem for me. The frame mount keep the plow up close. Also when you have the plow out on the end of the loader arms you'll have a much greater tendency for the front end to get pushed sideways when the plow is angled. The loader arms act as a leaver.

Regards,
Chris

/ SSQA snowplow mount
I've never plowed with a tractor snowplow setup so excuse my ignorance. With a plow on the loader arms does the tractor front or tractor rear have more of a tendency to "swing out" due to the longer lever vs. a frame mount?