chain clearance

/ chain clearance #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
I'm in the process of ordering chains for my rear tires, and I'm finding out I just don't have the required clearance.
I have a kioti ck35, industrial tires.
Anyone else run into this problem?

/ chain clearance #2  
You can probably get wheel spacers to add more clearance.

/ chain clearance #3  
I had to reverse my rear wheels to get the 2.5" clearance required for 4-link ladder type chains.

It is worth checking the rim/hub offset to determine if there is enough offset to justify the swap (turfs can be reversed, Ags or industrials have to swap side to side).
Otherwise, as s219 wrote, spacers are your best bet (although an expensive best bet)

/ chain clearance #4  
Chuck, my previous tractor was a CK25 with Ind tires. There was approx 2 1/4 " space., between the tire and fender. I was able to get Diamond type chains on it, but they were on tight with bungee cords inside and out. Good Luck.

Harvey

/ chain clearance
Harvey9, 2 1/4" is the clearance I have too. I'm thinking Aquiline mpc, they are for tight clearance.

/ chain clearance #7  
Remember that having "almost enough clearance" can get ugly fast.

Just wear earmuffs/headphones - you'll end up with enough clearance eventually. :)

/ chain clearance #8  
Harvey9, 2 1/4" is the clearance I have too. I'm thinking Aquiline mpc, they are for tight clearance.

Chuck, I have the Aquiline mpc's and of course my tractor is different than yours, but I have just barely enough clearance. I must make sure that the chains never get "sloppy" on the tire. I use several bungies on the outside. I must keep them very tight. I wound up with maybe 1/2 inch of clearance. It works, but if I had another inch of clearance it would have been great.. but I have what I have and it works, you just have to keep those chains tight.

/ chain clearance
James KØUA, will 2 1/4" be sufficient with the Aquiline mpc's?

/ chain clearance #10  
James KØUA, will 2 1/4" be sufficient with the Aquiline mpc's?

I wish I had seen this post a couple of hours ago I just came in off of the tractor.. I cannot remember what the clearance is on the DK35se..
Do you want me to get up off of my lazy backside and go down to the barn and measure?:).. And exactly where are you measuring.?