59" jd snowblower?

/ 59" jd snowblower? #1  

davecran

Tractor
JD2320
Hey I was new to this site and read a long thread about 59" JD snowblowers.. just wondering if you can adapt this unit for a JD 2320 tractor... The used one I am looking for has a front hitch , driveshaft about 36" (just a guess) and a small drive shaft less than 12" Any help would be appreciated.... thanks Dave

/ 59" jd snowblower? #2  
I think that model would be too big, I had one, it is huge, I was going to use it on my 790, but ended up with 2320, and bought the 47", and, you could use the 54", both made to fit on your tractor.

/ 59" jd snowblower?
I know it is bigger but when I checked the models it would fit on I didn't notice a large difference.. The mid mount PTO will handle it and I thought that JD made a unit to fit on the front of the 790 's and others that would allow me to use with minor adjustments.. I know of one at auction and was just checking it out... not sure what it would go for but if the price is right I could justify buying and manufacturing attachments to make it work... Thanks for your answer..

/ 59" jd snowblower? #5  
I have a 59" JD front blower for my 1987 JD855....
That particular model blower is/has been used on a number of models over a number of years..
Of course the attaching hardware is all dedicated to the particular year and model of tractor... With an older tractor like mine, the blower can be more easily found than the specific mounting hardware... And all pretty expensive, depending on year and model...

I'm going to guess if you look at the JD parts web site you may be able to adapt a blower to the dedicated mount system for your tractor...
Good luck...