Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R #1  

Parkanzky

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2032R
I'm looking at my first tractor and have it narrowed down to the John Deere 2032R and the Kubota B3350. After test-driving both and doing some soul-searching, I'm leaning toward the JD.

However, one of my primary uses for this will be to clear our driveway in the winter and the biggest snowblower that Deere sells for the 2032R is 54". The Kubota gets a 63" snowblower. Also, the Kubota snowblower is a beast. Nice, heavy steel. It looks well-built. It's the one I'd rather have.

I doubt that John Deere or Kubota are making their own snowblowers. Does anybody know who makes them? I want to see if there are larger snowblowers available that would fit on the same front quick-attach frame for the Deere. Maybe the company that makes JD's makes a bigger version that JD doesn't carry. Heck, it's possible that the same company makes both of them and that the Kubota blower would fit the JD mount (they look very similar). Does anybody know?

If not, is there a company that makes an aftermarket front-mount snowblower that fits the John Deere in a ~5' width?

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R #2  
I just did a quick search of the JD website and looked up the SB2164 snowblower. It measures 64" wide and requires 25-34 HP according to the site. Your 2032 easily meets that specification. I don't have a snowblower on my 2720 so I don't have experience working with them on the front end. Anyone using this model snowblower on a similar or identical tractor? Will something this heavy fare well on the 2032?

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R #3  
I just realized it calls for a 300 series loader but it looks like the new loader numbering system doesn't jive with that. Mine is a 200 series but that was from 2012. Is the 63" blower meant only for 3000 series tractors? If so should they really be classifying them according to HP rather than chassis? Let us know how you make out. The snow is coming...

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R #4  
Hey Gus,

Did you check out the price on that nifty loader mount hydraulic blower, it's $10,500 at Mutton's plus shipping. The reason it's listed for the 300 series loaders is that it's over 800 Lbs which is close to the max lift capacity of the 200cx loader.

Parcanzki, I agree with you that the 47 and 54" blowers for the 2000 chassis are a bit underwhelming when you look at them on paper compared to the larger 59" and the ones on the Kubota's but ask some people that own them and they love them. I would post in the Deere section and ask those guys how they are doing with theirs. I had a 2520 a few years ago but I used a rear blower.

Tom

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R
So the SB2164 is hydraulically driven, and >$13k! :eek:

I did find the 2758M, which is 59" and sold for the 3033R and 3046R. I'm going to put in a call to the dealer and see if it fits or can be made to fit and just isn't what they recommend for the 2-series tractors.

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R #6  
So the SB2164 is hydraulically driven, and >$13k! :eek:

I did find the 2758M, which is 59" and sold for the 3033R and 3046R. I'm going to put in a call to the dealer and see if it fits or can be made to fit and just isn't what they recommend for the 2-series tractors.

Hiya,

The 59" blowers have been made to fit I believe however, it's a much larger, heavier unit made for a very different mount on the 30XXR series. I asked the same questions when I bought my 2520, I ended up getting a loader mount plow and a rear blower for a dual direction snow beast. It worked very well however i jumped at the chance to get a nice 3320 with a cab and a front blower and I won't go back to an open station chassis because nothing is better than blowing snow in -15 degree nights with the wind whipping while wearing slippers, PJ pants and a tee shirt in a nice warm cab...

Tom

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R
Hiya,

The 59" blowers have been made to fit I believe however, it's a much larger, heavier unit made for a very different mount on the 30XXR series. I asked the same questions when I bought my 2520, I ended up getting a loader mount plow and a rear blower for a dual direction snow beast. It worked very well however i jumped at the chance to get a nice 3320 with a cab and a front blower and I won't go back to an open station chassis because nothing is better than blowing snow in -15 degree nights with the wind whipping while wearing slippers, PJ pants and a tee shirt in a nice warm cab...

Tom

I don't want the rear blower for my long, skinny drive (although I'd get really good at backing up!).

And the cab would be fantastic for snowblowing, but it doesn't fit in my garage door so I'd have to park my shiny new toy outside, shovel a path to the tractor, and scrape the windows before I could clear the drive. It's also not ideal for use out in the woods where the tractor will spend some time in the summer.

It sounds like I might have to choose between the tractor I like a bit less with the heavy-duty 63" blower or the tractor I like better with the lighter-duty 54" blower.

When I was searching around for information, I found talk of the RIO shutting off the mid-PTO any time you back up. When you buy a front-mounted snow blower, does the dealer install some sort of RIO bypass or am I on my own to find a way around that. My lawnmower (JD X320) has RIO and you can back up with the PTO running if you pull out on the PTO switch. My father had a block of wood that was the perfect size to hold the switch out that made mowing in tight quarters much easier.

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R #8  
Previously had an open station front mount blower on a smaller Kubota (BX2230), and now run a B2782 on a cabbed B3350. Now I will say the open station smaller tractor did a yeoman's job blowing, but could be really unpleasant when the wind was blowing the wrong way. I live at the base of the Sierra, Carson Range, and wind can change direction as often as every few minutes during "mountain wave" conditions. Getting a blast of freezing snow back at you can have you looking like the abominable snowman in seconds. Brrrrr.

The B3350 is pure luxury, sipping coffee, blowing snow in comfort, at more than twice the rate of the BX, and throwing it a good 50% further as well. I opted for hydraulic chute rotation on the blower, and also the 3rd function hydraulics (comes with buttons for control on joystick) - - then installed a SurplusCenter cylinder for chute deflection run from the 3rd function (cheaper and more adaptable for other uses than getting dedicated chute deflection from Kubota).

Whichever tractor model you set your sights on, suggest doing a search with words <modelXX problems> or similar verbiage. Unfortunately, newer models may not have much to info to dig up, so check previous models, then check to be sure the updated models have any systemic issues addressed.

Some JD's have, for lack of a better or more correct term, a "split" rear axle. Instead of a more common rear axle that meets in the middle at a differential, they have a separate small gear case and "stub axle" on each side. Some have had the wheel/axle break off. The lower 3-point arm attach pin is fixed to an ear on the gear case, some, including my neighbor, have had the 3-point pin break out of the casting. I think this is a weak point. Hopefully they've improved this on the newer 2000 series.

bumper

Last edited:
   / Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R #9  
I have a 2520 with the 54" front blower. I really live it for moving snow! I originally had a 54" rear blower. I then Smartened up and traded it in on a front mount. I was hesitant at first because of how lightly built the front mount blower is. It is great blowing forwards. It takes no time at all to clear my drive and a 1/4 mile trail through the field.
I have never found myself needing wider, and when the snow is deep I am only taking half a bite anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Attachments

• image-1101157022.jpg
    image-1101157022.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 617
  • image-4055476109.jpg
    image-4055476109.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 784
   / Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R #10  
No offense to the plow owners because I've read their posts about how they prefer pushing over blowing snow for various reasons, but that picture is a perfect illustration of why I prefer a snowblower. Unfortunately I'm still using a walk-behind JD 1332 but even that thing makes short work of the job and the nice JD shield my wife bought me last year keeps the stuff from turning me into a snowman when the wind changes.

I can't believe the prices you guys came up with. For that much cash they better perform for a long time.