Looking for second hand TIRE CHAINS for 19.5L-24 John Deer Loader

/ Looking for second hand TIRE CHAINS for 19.5L-24 John Deer Loader #1  
Tractor
John Deere 410B Backhoe/Loader
Hi all,

Our meditation center has a John Deer 410B, and I'd like to put some chains on the rear tires. It is only 2WD. The tire size is 19.5L-24. If you happen to have some second hand tire chains that would fit, we would be happy to buy them from you.

Also, if anyone could share an economical way to purchase some new ones, that would be appreciated as well.

Thank you very much,
Jeremy

/ Looking for second hand TIRE CHAINS for 19.5L-24 John Deer Loader #2  
Hard size to find used. Cheapest place Ive seen is Tire Chains.Com.

/ Looking for second hand TIRE CHAINS for 19.5L-24 John Deer Loader #3  
You might want to check your JD410B to make sure there is enough clearance beside the tire for chains. I used to have a 401C and there was not enough room for chains because the loader frame was too close to the wheels.

/ Looking for second hand TIRE CHAINS for 19.5L-24 John Deer Loader
Thanks for the heads up with this. I just looked and there's about an inch clearance in the narrowest part between the frame and the wheel, and this narrowest part is more towards the axle where I assume the chains don't come down to. Do you think this will be enough space?

/ Looking for second hand TIRE CHAINS for 19.5L-24 John Deer Loader #5  
Sorry, forgot about that. My dad used to have a 410B. We did have to get spacers for the chains. John Deere had them for about $300....but that was back in '99 or '00.

/ Looking for second hand TIRE CHAINS for 19.5L-24 John Deer Loader #6  
I will say though, a 410B with chains will plow like a tank. Ours did just about as good as our 444D loader. With the 19.5Lx24s your machine must have a turbocharger.

/ Looking for second hand TIRE CHAINS for 19.5L-24 John Deer Loader #7  
Thanks for the heads up with this. I just looked and there's about an inch clearance in the narrowest part between the frame and the wheel, and this narrowest part is more towards the axle where I assume the chains don't come down to. Do you think this will be enough space?

The clearance needed will be between the sidewall and the frame since the chains overlap the sidewall of the tire. Tire Chains by TireChains.com recommended a minimum of 2.5" when I bought my chains (4-link ladder type). I was fortunate enough that reversing my wheels provided the clearance....that might work for you....or, if you have industrial tires, you swap side to side to maintain the correct tire direction (industrial tires are uni-directional). It will depend upon the offset between the hub and rim of the wheel. Swapping worked for me, it might work for you.

Used tractor tire chains are occasionally listed on Craigslist...

/ Looking for second hand TIRE CHAINS for 19.5L-24 John Deer Loader #8  
Roy has a point but, Industrial tires are not unidirectional. At least not on a 410B. My dad had one for 16 years.

/ Looking for second hand TIRE CHAINS for 19.5L-24 John Deer Loader #9  
Roy has a point but, Industrial tires are not unidirectional. At least not on a 410B. My dad had one for 16 years.

I think you're wrong there...both industrials and ag tires are unidirectional...it's due to the way the bars of the tires are designed. If there is an arrow on the sidewall (for direction of travel), they're unidirectional.
Of course, I haven't seen every industrial tire ever made...

I'm running turfs now (and really like 'em), but I've had both industrials (on a 790) and bar-turfs (on a 670). Both the industrial and bar-turfs were unidirectional and had that arrow I described above.

/ Looking for second hand TIRE CHAINS for 19.5L-24 John Deer Loader #10  
That arrows indicates forward traction. Yes you can reverse the tread, but you will get less forward traction and more reverse traction. It happens often on the front drive axles of graders and front end loaders.