Snow Attachments Snowblowers vs PTO HP

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #1  

Toddao

Gold Member
Tractor
GC2410TLB
Who is running the largest blower with the least amount of PTO. HP??

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #3  
I ran a 60 inch on my 1700 Ford. It was 28 engine hp.

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #6  
Haven't tried it yet but my 19 pto hp 2650 has a 63 inch blower . Others have and they report good results . With hst you just go with the conditions . I have 7 ft. on the back of my 5700 and that has about 50 pto hp and in heavy snow I have to use creeper gears with that .

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #7  
Seems silly to have low pto hp with something that gobbles up power like a snowblower.

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #8  
60" blower with 19-20-ish hp on my 1510. Seems silly to have a snow blower narrower than the tractor. :cool:

Joe

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #9  
Seems silly to have low pto hp with something that gobbles up power like a snowblower.

Life is a series of compromises. :D

35 pto HP with 74" blower. Deep, dense drifted snow can work it very hard. Once in a while I have to put the clutch in (gear tractor) even in 1st gear out of 12.

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #10  
Life is a series of compromises. :D

35 pto HP with 74" blower. Deep, dense drifted snow can work it very hard. Once in a while I have to put the clutch in (gear tractor) even in 1st gear out of 12.
AMEN! I also have to push down on the clutch in the deep, heavy stuff in 1R (out of 4). 98% of the time. it's just fine, and it operates in places I'd never dream of taking a larger tractor.

Joe