Snow Equipment Owning/Operating No job to big for a OSHKOSH SNO-GO

/ No job to big for a OSHKOSH SNO-GO #1  

Pine Strip

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B-3000
Hard at work at my local airport this morning....No job to big for a OSHKOSH SNO-GO

004.jpg005.jpg

/ No job to big for a OSHKOSH SNO-GO #2  
The past 14 years I have plowed for the state alongside a fleet of vintage OshKosh plow trucks. They are tanks but primitive, no heat or radios or air shift. I hear replacement parts are pricy.

/ No job to big for a OSHKOSH SNO-GO
And it sounds like a locomotive train with it's two Engines..... with a NH-230 cummins, and a 5 speed with 4 ranges. The blower is a Snogo with an 8v71 detroit power unit.

GOD , GUNS & GUTS ! ..... So to speak :cool2:

/ No job to big for a OSHKOSH SNO-GO #5  
I also heard those blowers will chomp right through branches or pallets like a wood chipper.

/ No job to big for a OSHKOSH SNO-GO #6  
Old school for sure-Gotta love it!
Thanks for the post!
And it sounds like a locomotive train with it's two Engines..... with a NH-230 cummins, and a 5 speed with 4 ranges. The blower is a Snogo with an 8v71 detroit power unit.

GOD , GUNS & GUTS ! ..... So to speak :cool2:

/ No job to big for a OSHKOSH SNO-GO #7  
I have loved those things since my days at Michigan Tech. Nothing like filling up a 2 axle dump truck in just a couple minutes.
They use them for removing the banks down town (in Houghton, MI).

/ No job to big for a OSHKOSH SNO-GO #8  
I had a chance to walk around a parked one, in West Hartford, last year. The Plant Manager had dragged me out to the Whole Paycheck (Whole Foods) store and I saw the Oshkosh as we got close to the store. The auger on that thing was massive - looked like it was fabricated from 1/2" x 4" steel strips.

/ No job to big for a OSHKOSH SNO-GO #9  
They could use a few of those in Buffalo.

/ No job to big for a OSHKOSH SNO-GO #10  
Here's what they use a Logan Airport in Boston. A fleet of Vammas PSB5500. Wild: 30' plow plus 22 foot broom plus air blast.
Vammas-PSB5500-clearing-runway.jpg

Boston_LineofVammasmachines-500x331.jpg