Snow Attachments snow blade vs snow pusher

/ snow blade vs snow pusher #1  

Green Acres Homestead

Veteran Member
NewBrunswick & Nova Scotia www.lostcaper.com
Tractor
Kubota L4740 sold now have a new L2502 as off Jan 2023
I have a L4740 47 hp kubota tractor. I recently may have a parking lot to do about 600 feet so I was looking at getting something in addition so the snow blower. I have a front end loader so I was thinking a snow pusher or a snow angle blade. What is the pros and cons for each attachment. If the snow is high can I move it easier with the pusher or blade. What is easier on the tractor? Feel free to give me some advice.

/ snow blade vs snow pusher #2  
Snow pushers basically are for moving the snow somewhere. They hold way more than a normal bucket and usually incorporate a 'soft' scraper bottom edge of some type to clean better. Most large parking lots are cleared up here with big loaders with a wide pushers chained onto the buckets. Angle blades are for clearing roads where you just are shoving the snow to the side to get it out of the way. They do parking lots with angled blades and the newer adjustable V plows, but a big pusher is hard to beat clearing a large wide area. As far as easy on the tractor, a pusher would probably put less side to side load on your FEL than an angled blade.

/ snow blade vs snow pusher #3  
I try pusher one winter work great for lot clean up..quicker and stack snow better than plow,doing driveway plow much better than pusher.

/ snow blade vs snow pusher #6  
I agree with the others. I have both a 7'6" PA plow blade I use for the driveways I plow and a 7'6" pusher blade for straight runs on parking lots. My pusher blade has an adjustable height steel cutting edge. The pusher does create less stress on the tractor because its usually straight forward pushing. An angled blade does put side stress against the loader arms but nothing the tractor can't handle.

Attachments

• DSCN1385 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1385 (Medium).JPG
    299.6 KB · Views: 574
  • DSCN1411 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1411 (Medium).JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 540
  • DSCN1076 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1076 (Medium).JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 2,147
  • DSCN1079 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1079 (Medium).JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 458
   / snow blade vs snow pusher #7  
I agree with the others. I have both a 7'6" PA plow blade I use for the driveways I plow and a 7'6" pusher blade for straight runs on parking lots. My pusher blade has an adjustable height steel cutting edge. The pusher does create less stress on the tractor because its usually straight forward pushing. An angled blade does put side stress against the loader arms but nothing the tractor can't handle.

George, did you ever confront a situation or snow amount that bogged down the tractor with the pusher?

/ snow blade vs snow pusher #8  
George, did you ever confront a situation or snow amount that bogged down the tractor with the pusher?

Not yet. When I first bought the tractor and pusher last Feb I didn't have chains for the tractor. Pushing snow across a lot or driveway it quickly filled the pusher and with no chains, unloaded tires, and no rear ballast the tractor would stop moving and the tires were spinning. Since the pic was taken I have loaded the tires, added chains, and rear ballast and have no more tire spin and no bogging down. We've had light snow storms but haven't had a deep, heavy, wet snow storm that would test any strain on the tractor yet. I'm happy with this tractor being about 1500 lbs heavier and 11 more HP than my last.

/ snow blade vs snow pusher #9  
I have a L4740 47 hp kubota tractor. I recently may have a parking lot to do about 600 feet so I was looking at getting something in addition so the snow blower. I have a front end loader so I was thinking a snow pusher or a snow angle blade. What is the pros and cons for each attachment. If the snow is high can I move it easier with the pusher or blade. What is easier on the tractor? Feel free to give me some advice.

You could get the bests of both worlds with a plow blade and a pusher in one.

Kage Innovation

They make frame under carriage mounts for your particular tractor. Check out the videos on the site, it is a quite a versatile piece of equipment.

Cheers

Brian

/ snow blade vs snow pusher #10  
You could get the bests of both worlds with a plow blade and a pusher in one.

Kage Innovation

They make frame under carriage mounts for your particular tractor. Check out the videos on the site, it is a quite a versatile piece of equipment.

Cheers

Brian

Great looking system. If they have a mount for my tractor (which is not listed on the site) and could sell them for what I have invested in both of mine I would consider one but I think the price would be out of my reach.