Kubota + Plow Hydraulic problem- Cross Over Valve??

/ Kubota + Plow Hydraulic problem- Cross Over Valve?? #1  

floodrod

I know this was asked, but I could not find a conclusion, so hopefully someone can help.

Installing an angle meyers plow on Kubota l2800. Plow has 2 single action hydraulic cylinders. Installed a hydraulic multiplier and would like left / right joystick to control plow angle. Problem is the Kubota control Right / Left (buck Dump) does not relieve pressure, so the plow angles one way and won't retract the other cylinder.

I hooked it up to the Up / Down and it works great. But it's very inconvenient having it on the up/down control. I need to make it work with right/left.

I know I should add a crossover relief valve eitherway to protect the tractor. Will the pressure relief valve also solve this problem?

And last question, so I need 2 pressure relief valves, one for each cylinder, or does one relief valve do both lines?

Thanks!

/ Kubota + Plow Hydraulic problem- Cross Over Valve?? #2  
A crossover relief valve will NOT solve your issue with the regen or regenerative function of your valve. Only one of the proper valves are needed, we sell one as do other vendors.

To find the other threads, search the terms "crossover" and "regen", lots of reading with those two keywords.

/ Kubota + Plow Hydraulic problem- Cross Over Valve??
Thanks KennyD,

So I assume the answer is to replace the single action pistons on the plow with 1 dual action piston?

Also, please provide a link to the cross over valve you sell.

Thanks!

/ Kubota + Plow Hydraulic problem- Cross Over Valve?? #4  
Using a DA cylinder should work, the plow may be slower in one direction and faster in the other-but still functional.

The valve we sell is on this page, near the bottom: Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Hydraulics>>

Here is a pic:
CRV-2 (Medium).JPG

/ Kubota + Plow Hydraulic problem- Cross Over Valve?? #5  
I have a L3240 and just hooked up power angle this year. First time I tried it it would angle one way but not the other. Finally I pushed the joystick all the way to the right and then it worked fine. I didn't even know I had regen.
I'm not sure if yours is the same but have you tried all the way to the right?

Jeff

/ Kubota + Plow Hydraulic problem- Cross Over Valve?? #6  
Using a DA cylinder should work, the plow may be slower in one direction and faster in the other-but still functional.

The valve we sell is on this page, near the bottom: Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Hydraulics>>

Here is a pic:
View attachment 400283

A D/A cylinder won't cure the regen blues. See 71bronco's response before spending $$ on a regen fix. CRV is a separate question and I'm a believer in the necessity of one. Also believe 2 SA cylinders are superior to a single DA cylinder for PA snowplows.

/ Kubota + Plow Hydraulic problem- Cross Over Valve?? #7  
A D/A cylinder won't cure the regen blues. See 71bronco's response before spending $$ on a regen fix. CRV is a separate question and I'm a believer in the necessity of one. Also believe 2 SA cylinders are superior to a single DA cylinder for PA snowplows.

Rick, I believe the valve used on his L2800 is a 3-way valve, so pushing further to the right will not help in this case.

/ Kubota + Plow Hydraulic problem- Cross Over Valve?? #8  
Rick, I believe the valve used on his L2800 is a 3-way valve, so pushing further to the right will not help in this case.

Could be, I don't know. I certainly wanted him to check before anything else. I do know about the SA/ DA thing, BTDT with NH 702C blades.