first time plowing with ck35

/ first time plowing with ck35 #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
I rigged up my kioti ck35 with a frame mount 7.5 fisher plow recently, thought I'd share my comments. I'm using the loader arms to lift the plow, remote to angle it. Frame mount. All I do is remove the front bucket two pins to connect, and sling the plow.
I have aquiline chains for the rear tires. I didn't put them on yet. The tires are filled with rimguard, and using a back blade for counterweight.
We go over a foot of extremely wet snow. Very heavy.
I just can't believe how the tractor plows! Like a tank. No slipping, sliding. It just digs in and pushes. I have to say way better than my F250.
Only one snowfall and I trust this setup. I wouldn't be afraid to plow 2' at a clip. Way better than I expected. It'll be unstoppable with the chains.

/ first time plowing with ck35 #3  
Chuck,
Glad your plow setup is working for you.
Just came in from plowing a few driveways. The blacktop ones are a breeze to plow with the PA blade. But I sure wish the ground was frozen. The plow shoes dig into the gravel drives and leave shoe trenches.

/ first time plowing with ck35 #4  
I rigged up my kioti ck35 with a frame mount 7.5 fisher plow recently, thought I'd share my comments. I'm using the loader arms to lift the plow, remote to angle it. Frame mount. All I do is remove the front bucket two pins to connect, and sling the plow.
I have aquiline chains for the rear tires. I didn't put them on yet. The tires are filled with rimguard, and using a back blade for counterweight.
We go over a foot of extremely wet snow. Very heavy.
I just can't believe how the tractor plows! Like a tank. No slipping, sliding. It just digs in and pushes. I have to say way better than my F250.
Only one snowfall and I trust this setup. I wouldn't be afraid to plow 2' at a clip. Way better than I expected. It'll be unstoppable with the chains.

Glad things worked out great for you . If you get a snow packed area you will notice a big difference in the pushing ability as I am sure you are well aware of after using your f250 . The chains will be of great benefit then . It will be interesting to see if the tractor pushes to one side easier than the 250 when blade is at an angle on some slippery surfaces . Keep us posted how things work out for you . Pictures of set up would be great

/ first time plowing with ck35 #5  
I have a Plow on my CK35 as well, with a rear mount blower it's a great combination for snow removal.
Post a picture Chuck, let's see what your beast looks like all dressed up!! 001.jpg

/ first time plowing with ck35
Unfrozen ground under the snow was a problem. I kept a very light strain on the plow lift so the shoes wouldn't dig in. The fisher plow has a bottom trip. Three springs. I forgot to mention I also have the crossover relief valve.
This morning I had some frozen piles that were banked the day before. I just passed through like butter. I'll post some pics. next time I have the plow on. I changed over to the bucket for working on the down trees from the storm.

/ first time plowing with ck35 #7  
Hey Tractor Tom, is that a fan mounted inside your cab on the glass? If so, where did you get that fan with the suction cup?

/ first time plowing with ck35 #8  
Gotta love it when plan comes together. :)
Yep..keep those banks push back.

/ first time plowing with ck35 #9  
Hey Tractor Tom, is that a fan mounted inside your cab on the glass? If so, where did you get that fan with the suction cup?

Hey Joe, it's a fan from Canadian Tire $30, I think Tractor Supply sells something similar. Suction cup, It has oscillate on / off, and has a high / low fan speed switch, Cig lighter plug in. I haven't plowed in cold enough weather to know if i really need a fan or not, but i figured better safe than fogged up. So far the Suction cup has stayed put as I've worked around the yard.

/ first time plowing with ck35 #10  
Hey Joe, it's a fan from Canadian Tire $30, I think Tractor Supply sells something similar. Suction cup, It has oscillate on / off, and has a high / low fan speed switch, Cig lighter plug in. I haven't plowed in cold enough weather to know if i really need a fan or not, but i figured better safe than fogged up. So far the Suction cup has stayed put as I've worked around the yard.

You'll need it, I'm sure of it. My CK30 with Kioti cab fogged something fierce. With the DK, I use the A/C to cut the humidity level in the cab, but it still fogs till I get it really well warmed up. I have a similar fan from Canadian Tire, mine has a clamp end. Used it in the CK and now in the DK.