BX bucket expander.

/ BX bucket expander. #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
Anybody buy the BX bucket expander for their BX tractor just for snow removal?

My driveway is long, about 600 feet. Most of the time I use a rear blade and the capacity of the bucket doesn't matter, but when we get a lot of snow, the only way is with the FEL. Then the capacity become limiting and the extender might make a huge difference. I've got a couple of BXexpanded products so I'm sure the quality is high.

/ BX bucket expander. #2  
Why not look into the snow plow they sell instead?

/ BX bucket expander. #4  
Years ago my Dad couldn't afford a snowblower so he had the local welding shop make him an extender for the fel on his IH 574. It actually worked quite well. That might be an option for you.

/ BX bucket expander. #5  
Maybe side plates for the bucket,something in lines of snow pusher???

600' driveway plus heavy snow,I'd consider saving some $$'s for blower.

/ BX bucket expander.
Maybe side plates for the bucket,something in lines of snow pusher???

600' driveway plus heavy snow,I'd consider saving some $$'s for blower.

There are years we get very little snow so I hate to buy a blower.

/ BX bucket expander. #7  
Sounds like you really don't have enough money for what your looking for.:confused2:
Get a second hand lower quality plow for your bucket, like Roy suggested, under $500 bucks.

/ BX bucket expander. #8  
I got the BXpanded bucket expander quite a while ago, and I use it all the time. I leave it on winter and summer, since it is also useful for FEL work with dirt gravel rocks etc. The BX 25 has plenty enough power to handle the extra volume, and don't forget the heaped capacity is double what it is without the expander. I use a rear blower in the winter, but I wouldn't be without the expanded FEL, in order to move the snow around when I need to. Definitely worth the money!

/ BX bucket expander.
Its not a matter of enough money, its a matter of spending a bunch of money for something I might not even use this winter.

Check, thanks for the reply, I was hoping someone that had one would respond. Does it actually double the capacity of the bucket in your experience?

/ BX bucket expander. #10  
Its not a matter of enough money, its a matter of spending a bunch of money for something I might not even use this winter. Check, thanks for the reply, I was hoping someone that had one would respond. Does it actually double the capacity of the bucket in your experience?

It sure does! More importantly, it increases the capacity to carry other things as well such as dirt rocks gravel etc. Now of course, bigger loads are heavier, but I have rarely filled the loader up so much that I could not lift it. Only a couple of times with wet sanding gravel, or fine wet sand, And then of course you just put a little less in the bucket.

I really like the expander a lot, and the only time I have taken it off is when I have to use the BXpanded.com forks that I bought, because they cannot go one with the expander on.