3pt Mounted Snow puller?

/ 3pt Mounted Snow puller? #1  

Tomahawk3830

Tractor
Kubota 3830HST
I have a L3830 Kubota and live in Northern Wisconsin. I have a gravel U-shaped drive way about 200 yard long total. I've had the tractor for about 9 years and I've simply used the FEL bucket and a 6' backblade for snow removal. What I'd like to do is find (or potentially make) an 8' snow pusher but connect it to the 3 point with the "scoop" facing forward so it collects / captures snow as I'm driving forward.

This is the only thing I can find on the 'net that looks like what I'm talking about. (very last picture on this page) Iowa Farm Equipment -- Horst Snow Blades

I realize the down side is driving over / through snow before it gets caught in the "puller" but my thought is for lighter / small amounts of snow it doesn't matter and for heavier snow where I may still need to use the FEL bucket, the snow puller will capture what rolls off the side of the bucket.

Anyone have any experience with this type of snow puller?

Anyone know where I can buy one other than the link I provided?

Thanks,

Last edited:
   / 3pt Mounted Snow puller? #2  
local Kubota dealers dont have what you are looking for.

/ 3pt Mounted Snow puller?
Deerseeker, I'm not sure if your reply was a question or a statement but I've not seen at the few local tractor dealers I've visited.

/ 3pt Mounted Snow puller? #4  
I would look on line for dealers in the Wausau area,more things available here.

/ 3pt Mounted Snow puller? #5  
If you can't find any that you like,
make your own, buy another second hand blade, cut 2 ("one foot sections" )off it and add them to your 6 footer you already have. Add side plates to these and make them removable just in case you need to use your original 6 foot back blade.
Just a though.

/ 3pt Mounted Snow puller? #6  
Maybe old style box scraper w/out the rippers,could always make the sides little higher.

/ 3pt Mounted Snow puller? #7  
You need a box blade. Raise or remove the rippers

/ 3pt Mounted Snow puller? #8  
I've used a rear blade since 1991 or so. Set at an angle while driving forward it's hard to beat for smaller snows.

I have set the blade to pull straight and not cast the snow to the side - to get close to the garage doors and pull snow away for example. It didn't travel too far till there was a pile of snow between the tractor and the blade. Then the hitch wouldn't raise the blade enough to clear the snow pile.

/ 3pt Mounted Snow puller? #9  
I don't think that would work well;you would soon have a large "wad" of snow between the tractor and plow,then what?Front mounted blade would make more sense.
I use a heavy seven ft.rear blade and a front eight ft.I use the rear to pull away from garage/buildings and final scrape after pushing with the front.

/ 3pt Mounted Snow puller? #10  
I have a L3830 Kubota and live in Northern Wisconsin. I have a gravel U-shaped drive way about 200 yard long total. I've had the tractor for about 9 years and I've simply used the FEL bucket and a 6' backblade for snow removal. What I'd like to do is find (or potentially make) an 8' snow pusher but connect it to the 3 point with the "scoop" facing forward so it collects / captures snow as I'm driving forward.

This is the only thing I can find on the 'net that looks like what I'm talking about. (very last picture on this page) Iowa Farm Equipment -- Horst Snow Blades

Anyone know where I can buy one other than the link I provided?

Thanks,

I just bought [this week] the pull type martin/meteor blower from "IFE". They didn't have the item on the web page, but when I contacted them it was no problem to get one. You might give Andrew a call to see if what you are wanting is available. Worked out great for me.
[It is shipping to my local freight terminal so I don't have to deal with the truck-end of things]