Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #11  
I have a pull-type rear blower with hydraulic chute rotator. I regularly clear about 1 mile of driveways (my own and neighbours'). With a pull-type there is no need to look back on the straight stretches(which is the vast majority of my work). The hydraulic rotator makes it easy to direct the snow in congested areas by the house and sheds. Some dislike a pull-type because you drive through the snow before it is cleared. I don't find that a problem for my situation where our maximum one day snowfalls are 1 foot or less.

As you stated, a rear blower leaves the front free for a blade or bucket. I normally keep my loader bucket on but very seldom use it because the blower chute rotator places the snow where I need it.

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #12  
I have a pull-type rear blower with hydraulic chute rotator. I regularly clear about 1 mile of driveways (my own and neighbours'). With a pull-type there is no need to look back on the straight stretches(which is the vast majority of my work). The hydraulic rotator makes it easy to direct the snow in congested areas by the house and sheds. Some dislike a pull-type because you drive through the snow before it is cleared. I don't find that a problem for my situation where our maximum one day snowfalls are 1 foot or less.

As you stated, a rear blower leaves the front free for a blade or bucket. I normally keep my loader bucket on but very seldom use it because the blower chute rotator places the snow where I need it.

That was my set up also, I liked it...would never go back to a rear push blower.

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #13  
I have a large driveway/parking/storage area with three hills, I have been using a 7.5 fisher angle plow but in heavy snow it would push me sideways, but once I got it broken open I would straight blade everything but with the snow spilling off the sides it was a pain.
I have been shopping for a V plow for a year, found this 9.5 Stainless Fisher Extreme V for $2,500. After selling off all the parts I did not need I have $1000 in the blade itself. I had picked up a 3/16 plate and mounted it on its face but found when in scoop it was way out there, so I used an idea I found on the site and built a second plate that moved it a foot closer to the tractor.
I also picked up a 8ft Fisher straight blade and put it on the other plate, safety in numbers.

image-62408316.jpg

image-3152247188.jpg

image-1646465875.jpg

I plumbed the ends of the cylinders together so it only Has V, straight, or scoop. So far I love it, in V nothing will stop it, in scoop it is a ton faster. Waiting for more snow!

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #14  
Have similar situation. Long straight stretch where blower works well, but big pad in front of the shop. Have blower, pain to take on and off, find myself using the bucket for most snows. Haven't got around to making the straight blade yet. Thinking of selling the blower and buying boss type v plow. Heavy snow the v plow will allow me to break through and i will still be able to scope and stack. Steve

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #15  
The Boss plows have a single acting cylinder with a spring return to V. I am not sure if there would be an easy way to plumb it. That and other reasons made Fisher the best choice.

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L
Appreciate the additional input.

Eddie nice score on the fisher v plow and nice fab work on it. I hadn't factored in selling the unused parts.

I think I'm leaning towards buying the rear blower and keeping my eye open for the right plow.

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #17  

We exceeded that "1 foot or less" maximum one-day snowfall two days ago. Now I have a better understanding of the concerns of others who live in area where they get huge dumps. These photos are of about 20" snow we had Sunday night. It was -6C so fairly dry, but near the limit for clearing uphill. It was still fine on the level.

20150105_SnowClear_0.jpg20150105_SnowClear_1.jpg20150105_SnowClear_2.jpg20150105_SnowClear_3.jpg20150105_SnowClear_4.jpg

The local paper for Vernon(35km south of here) said they had 40cm which is a record single snowfall since 1937 when they had 50cm. The higher surrounding areas had more.

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #18  
I have some v-plow experience with an MX5100 which is similar size to your 5640. A rear mounted blower and a v-plow would be an incredible combination for moving any amount of snow. Skid steer V-plows use a cycle valve that enables any blade position using just one hydraulic circuit. Wings are great for a straight blade, but not a substitute for the V- mode in deep, stiff snow and maybe not quite as good as the scoop mode for stacking. At our place, tire chains are a life-saver. We stared out with chains on the rear only, but found adding a pair on the front stopped the "sideways slide" when pushing hard.

I bought a "lightly used" FFC v-plow which a dealer got back when they repossessed a tractor. It was clear the blade hadn't been used more than about once, if that, so maybe the previous owner should have skipped the expensive v-plow and focused on making his payments. (Actually not sure what his situation was, so I shouldn't judge, but we all know people buy stuff they can't really afford.)

Anyhow, as shown by the above posts, there are a lot of good ways to move snow with a tractor, you'll find something that meets your needs and your budget.

kubota vplow.jpg

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #19  
Thats a beautiful plow.

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #20  
We exceeded that "1 foot or less" maximum one-day snowfall two days ago. Now I have a better understanding of the concerns of others who live in area where they get huge dumps. These photos are of about 20" snow we had Sunday night. It was -6C so fairly dry, but near the limit for clearing uphill. It was still fine on the level.

View attachment 405721View attachment 405722View attachment 405723View attachment 405724View attachment 405725

The local paper for Vernon(35km south of here) said they had 40cm which is a record single snowfall since 1937 when they had 50cm. The higher surrounding areas had more.

That's a strange looking Blower?? What's the logic in a pull behind Snow Blower. It just doesn't make sense to me??