John Deere 4520 with Western snow plow

/ John Deere 4520 with Western snow plow #1  

thomas k

Tractor
John Deere 4520
Retired the old 1996 chevy truck and removed the snow plow from it to mount on the new tractor.

IMG_0031.jpg IMG_0030.jpg attachment.jpg

/ John Deere 4520 with Western snow plow #2  
Welcome. Very nice installation. Very similar to what I have been using for a long time. Even with AG tires, I like at least 6 suitcase weights to make the front stick on my JD 1070. Is that option still workable on your rig ?

/ John Deere 4520 with Western snow plow
Thanks for the welcome zzvyb6, I probably can't fit weights on the front since I tucked plow back as far as I could. Only got to use it twice so far, waiting for a good snow to see how it does.

/ John Deere 4520 with Western snow plow #4  
I'm a big fan of the frame mounted plows. Nice job and welcome!

/ John Deere 4520 with Western snow plow #5  
It looks to me like you could sneak an auxiliary weight bar in there or put an upward cross beam in there to weight the front axle. Maybe even some salt bags on the undercarriage framework. With 2WD I guarantee your are going to need it.

Attachments

• 90402086.jpg
    90402086.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 543
Thanks RedNeckRacing , the salesman was trying to sell me the fel and frontier blade when I said I was putting a plow on it. But I told him I just needed the front hydraulics.

It looks to me like you could sneak an auxiliary weight bar in there or put an upward cross beam in there to weight the front axle. Maybe even some salt bags on the undercarriage framework. With 2WD I guarantee your are going to need it.

nice setup. you got it tucked back nicely, I went back as far as I could without turning the tires out. I'm working on a rear weight and hope I won't need any front weight. The tractor is 4wd.

/ John Deere 4520 with Western snow plow #8  
nice setup. you got it tucked back nicely, I went back as far as I could without turning the tires out. I'm working on a rear weight and hope I won't need any front weight. The tractor is 4wd.

You should be fine, nice set-up,, if your rears aren't loaded, thats something you should consider.

You should be fine, nice set-up,, if your rears aren't loaded, thats something you should consider.

Thanks skyhook, I hope I won't need to load the tires. We got a little snow so I made a video, someday I should hire a cameraman.

/ John Deere 4520 with Western snow plow #10  
Nice, looks like your having fun.:thumbsup:
Ya, with those nice big tires you have, once you have them loaded, she'll be un-stoppable.