Blizzard 2015 Boston

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #11  
I'm so jealous. I think we've had about 2 1/2 inches so far and it all melted over a week ago. It was 56 F this afternoon. I just hope we won't totally bypass winter and go directly into spring without some more snow.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #12  
I observed the "Bread & Milk Rush" phenomenon in the City and never really understood it then. I thought it wouldn't exist out here in the country when we moved out here 14 years ago. But it's alive and well out here too for no apparent reason. I thought that people living in the country were a little closer and more comfortable with Nature, but no they are subject to panic too. (We'll rest easy though knowing the Liquor Cabinet is well stocked).

The Weatherman adds to the panic with his........"Dangerous Lightning.....Deadly Storms" and lots of Weather Alerts, Warnings, and Watches. They are trying to scare everyone to staying hooked up to the Weather Reports.........It's good for the Ratings. The upside is when we loose power, in the middle of a storm, all the media goes quiet. You tune to the local Radio Station on your Battery-Radio and there is no one there, and they are on auto-pilot playing pre-recorded music and no weather reports.

Then is the time to Relax, pour a beaker of your favorite libation and enjoy the sounds of Nature's Power and Might. Light the candles that are at-the-ready(Bonus: I do look better in Candlelight.), and keep and eye on the storm to see if evacuation to the basement is necessary(Tornados).

Eventually the storm passes and we hope all is well. If there was a lot of wind I'll be picking up down limbs for about a week.

Charlie

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #13  
Screw the milk and bread. if I'm going to be stuck in the house, I want beer and chips!

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #14  
I want my tractor,it's at my camp in Vt. and I'm home in Ma. That reminds me, I need beer also to put up with my young and screaming grand kids.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #15  
Our local weather states 15"-30" depending on the area. Cleared a 27 incher year before last with the old JD . Interesting to see how the new tractor will handle a 30 incher. Gotta get diesel and gas for the generator.

Why do you southerners get all the snow? Another coastal storm, we're only predicted to get 4-8" here in the north country. Need a whole lot more than that to get the snowmobile trails in good shape.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #16  
Why do you southerners get all the snow? Another coastal storm, we're only predicted to get 4-8" here in the north country. Need a whole lot more than that to get the snowmobile trails in good shape.

Might have something to do with the amount of taxes we pay.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #17  
All you guys in the northeasten US that don't want the snow can send it to me in Northeastern Ontario. I will gladly take it off your hands!

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #18  
You can have it, but we don't deliver or ship, pick- up only.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #19  
Have any of you guys with back blades have any problems with damaging asphalt moving snow?
I use a FEL on my drive but my neighbor's drive is longer and I would like to use the back blade but don't want to damage his asphalt portion.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #20  
Back in 1995 Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada broke a a fistful of records with the December 8-11 storm. The most impressive was for the largest storm snowfall in the history of Sault Ste. Marie: 61.7 inches. In addition, the highest 24-hour snowfall was set on the 9th and 10th with 27.8 inches. The deepest snow depth of all time was equaled at 50 inches. December 1995 became the snowiest month in the history of the Sault with a whopping 98.8 inches.

I only missed one day of work that Dec 11 Storm in 1995, we were all back to work within two days. So bear down and grab a beer ..........this too will pass.