Blizzard 2015 Boston

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #21  
My wife is at a conference in Boston, our original plans have me driving in to pick her up Wednesday morning, normally a 2hour drive, we shall see...

For those of you with snow plows its best to plow with the storm, every 8-12 inches. Don't let the accumulation get ahead of you, I reckon I'll plow twice during the storm and once more for cleanup.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #22  
Have any of you guys with back blades have any problems with damaging asphalt moving snow?
I use a FEL on my drive but my neighbor's drive is longer and I would like to use the back blade but don't want to damage his asphalt portion.

I have used mine on asphalt with perhaps some slight scratches almost imperceptible.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #24  
With skid shoes, a rear blade is no problem on pavement. Even without, should be as arrow says...

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #25  
Chains on truck but I will do most of the cleanup with the loader.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #26  
Have any of you guys with back blades have any problems with damaging asphalt moving snow?
I use a FEL on my drive but my neighbor's drive is longer and I would like to use the back blade but don't want to damage his asphalt portion.

Asphalt is way harder on blades than the other way around.

I remember "Storm of the Century" in 1993. 2' of snow from GA to Maine. 'Course, we had 2' the week before - the whole east coast was shut down, right up to NH, where the roads were clear and dry by 8am the next morning. Snow isn't a problem at all, but the 50MPH winds might be an issue for power loss right on the coast. I don't think we'll have any issues at all inland.

'Sides...I can eat a car with this thing:

Attachments

• DSCN0106x.JPG
    DSCN0106x.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 583
   / Blizzard 2015 Boston #27  

Dave, if the asphalt is in good shape, I see no problem at all with a lightweight back blade on the BX. I do that with my 6' TSC (County Line) rear blade on my B2150. If there are frost heaves or other uneven spots, though, I'd note their location before the snow flies and be very, very careful. Your homeowner's liability coverage probably does not extend to damage caused off of your own property!

You can also turn your blade around and use it that way if you don't let the snow get too deep.

Last edited:
   / Blizzard 2015 Boston #28  
Snowmageddon Feb 2010. 38 inches on Feb5-6 and then 24 inches more on Feb 9-10. I had to fix the waterpump on my Ford 1710 in the parking pad. It was the day I decided I was getting a new tractor.

Looking out of the tackroom window.

Picture130-1.jpg

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston
Winter of 1995 -96 Boston got 107 " of total snow that was the city .Outside the city we were right around 120"

Nothing like the Great Lakes but a bunch of snow , I think only 2 weekends out of the winter there was not a storm

Made some $$$ that year :):)

A couple of pictures of my Blizzard Beater

td7 snow 002 (1280x765).jpgtd7 snow 004 (1280x765).jpg

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #30  
Winter of 1995 -96 Boston got 107 " of total snow that was the city .Outside the city we were right around 120"

Nothing like the Great Lakes but a bunch of snow , I think only 2 weekends out of the winter there was not a storm

Made some $$$ that year :):)

We got over half that in 3 days. For Maryland, that's saying something.