Have faith Island Tractor, I have only used my
mule mounted snow blower for two minutes
two weeks ago.

I will not stop burning coal in my stoker boiler until I know
the weather has changed or in late May. Fortunately it only
takes a few minutes to heat up the 54 gallons of water in
my system with my Keystoker KAA-4-1.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #412  
I've used my snowblower three times...replaced the belt twice. Not sure if something else in the system is causing it to eat belts, or if they just aren't made well any more. Replaced the cutting edge, which may have been interfering with the paddle, but haven't had to run it since to see if that was the issue.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #413  
I've used my snowblower three times...replaced the belt twice. Not sure if something else in the system is causing it to eat belts, or if they just aren't made well any more. Replaced the cutting edge, which may have been interfering with the paddle, but haven't had to run it since to see if that was the issue.
I had some trouble with my snowblower after it froze following one of the slushy snowstorms followed by a deep freeze. It stalled every time I tried to engage the auger. Had to chip out frozen slush from the ejection auger bit by bit (in the dark and freezing cold!!) before it would work again. I feared for the ten year old original belts but they survived.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #414  
Have faith Island Tractor, I have only used my mule mounted snow blower for two minutes two weeks ago. I will not stop burning coal in my stoker boiler until I know the weather has changed or in late May. Fortunately it only takes a few minutes to heat up the 54 gallons of water in my system with my Keystoker KAA-4-1.

I miss my Vermont Castings coal burning stove and its wonderful orange glow. But I don't miss hauling buckets of coal from the basement or emptying the ash. Still was more convenient than wood though. All natural gas these days.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #415  
Started snowing about 5:30 and we have 3". Inland New England has up to 6". Big winds. The kind of winter storm we barely had this winter!

3-5" more snow forecast for tomorrow. I bet BPS throws the kids a snow day.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #416  
I'm about eight miles north of Boston and maybe six from the coastline. We had maybe an inch or two but it didn't stick to pavement. Just on the trees and lawns.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #417  
We only got an inch or so in Southern NH. It will be gone shortly. It is quite windy out.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #418  
We got 5 or 6 inches of pretty heavy snow here. Luckily i still have the blower on the 3 pt. didn't do any of the grass area, just the concrete driveway.