Blizzard 2015 Boston

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #1  

kevingweq

Tractor
Power King.International TD7C,TD15B, 3 Mc/Deering T-20's JD318
Here we go !!!! The weather guessers are getting all excited . One of them said this is a "stock up on bread and milk storm"

I will try and put some pictures up if it really happens monday night right thru tuesday, Be safe

Here is a little video of pushing a few snow and ice piles last year,
The trucks,tractors,and skidsteers were having a tough time
So I fired up my TD7 IHC dozer
http://youtu.be/I6JxXELLv2A

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #2  
Reminds me of one that hit Montreal in the '70's.
Grabbed my snowmobile and purchased bread, milk and a case of suds.
Local Montreal reporter pleaded with me to drive him to the commuter station as trains were running.
As a reward he posted my PIX (1/2 page) on the cover. LOL. (still have that pix)

Driving the snomobile down side streets on top of drifts I kept hearing 'whack whack'. Took a while to discover that I was driving over the car roofs and the whack whacks were the radio antennas hitting my sled.
Folks were sledding on Montreal's main streets.
It took a Cat D7 to clear our street!

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #3  
Did you ever notice that most of the weather portions of the local newscasts are sponsored by the local supermarket chains? Go figure.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #4  
The local tv news put's me in the 20-25" range. I'm excited:thumbsup: WAY better than the past few storms that built a nice 2" layer of ice on all of my (shady & hilly) 1/2 mile drive.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #5  
Our local weather states 15"-30" depending on the area. Cleared a 27 incher year before last with the old JD . Interesting to see how the new tractor will handle a 30 incher. Gotta get diesel and gas for the generator.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #6  
Our local weather states 15"-30" depending on the area. Cleared a 27 incher year before last with the old JD . Interesting to see how the new tractor will handle a 30 incher. Gotta get diesel and gas for the generator.

I'll bet your "itching" to find out:cool2:

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #7  
Looks like a big one. Last time I spent the day after clearing out the whole neighborhood. Was going to buy a 60" pto snowblower this weekend, but got the flu... figures... Guess I'll make do with the back blade and FEL.

Why is it that folks must stock up so much? Do people really live with so few supplies in their house that if they are snowed in for 2 days they cannot survive?

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston
I think the stocking up comes from days gone by, I do remember the Blizzard of "78" that was no joke the roads were impassable for 4-5 days

the stores were not open because no one could get in to open them , My road was drifted in for 3 days before they came with a grader that

pushed 10ft of snow into the driveway , we were eating canned goods by the time we could get out , Nasty Storm !!!

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #9  
I remember the Blizzard of 78. Played in the snow a lot -- it was awesome for a kid. Adults weren't so amused.

/ Blizzard 2015 Boston #10  
Reminds me of one that hit Montreal in the '70's.
Grabbed my snowmobile and purchased bread, milk and a case of suds.
Local Montreal reporter pleaded with me to drive him to the commuter station as trains were running.
As a reward he posted my PIX (1/2 page) on the cover. LOL. (still have that pix)

Driving the snomobile down side streets on top of drifts I kept hearing 'whack whack'. Took a while to discover that I was driving over the car roofs and the whack whacks were the radio antennas hitting my sled.
Folks were sledding on Montreal's main streets.
It took a Cat D7 to clear our street!

I have a picture somewhere of my mom standing on what must be a six foot tall bank of snow, slicing off blocks of snow to feed the snow blower below.