Blizzard 2015 What I Learned about LED Lights

/ Blizzard 2015 What I Learned about LED Lights #1  

Tractor Tom

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 H
I know some on here have had issues and or concerns about LED lights icing up when Snow Blowing. I have 4 sets of LED's on my CK and didn't have an icing problem with any of them, not one. Last night in the Blizzard was a great test, It was cold, it was still snowing and the snow was being whipped by strong North East winds. The CK looked like a snow cone most of the night, but the LED's didn't ice up at all. Just an FYI for anyone considering LED's, DO IT!! they are fantastic to work with at night..... Even in a Blizzard.
006.jpg007.jpg

/ Blizzard 2015 What I Learned about LED Lights #2  
Man you got enough to do the job.I have two 18 watts and thought they put out a lot.

/ Blizzard 2015 What I Learned about LED Lights #3  
Thanks for the update on LED's in the cold.
Glad they got you though the storm.

/ Blizzard 2015 What I Learned about LED Lights #4  
I assume the issue is that the LEDs don't get very warm..so snow doesn't melt off? This storm, at least down here in CT, had very fine, dry snow..so not very sticky to begin with. Have you been out in any heavy wet snow, or snow with sleet/rain mixed in? Maybe you'll see a difference...?

/ Blizzard 2015 What I Learned about LED Lights #6  
Good to know thanks!

I know some on here have had issues and or concerns about LED lights icing up when Snow Blowing. I have 4 sets of LED's on my CK and didn't have an icing problem with any of them, not one. Last night in the Blizzard was a great test, It was cold, it was still snowing and the snow was being whipped by strong North East winds. The CK looked like a snow cone most of the night, but the LED's didn't ice up at all. Just an FYI for anyone considering LED's, DO IT!! they are fantastic to work with at night..... Even in a Blizzard.
View attachment 408999View attachment 409000

/ Blizzard 2015 What I Learned about LED Lights #7  
Good stuff!

What kind of lights did you get and where did you get them at?

Thanks,

/ Blizzard 2015 What I Learned about LED Lights #8  
The body of the units should warm up and keep any build up but the lens is another story.
Good to know real life happening.

/ Blizzard 2015 What I Learned about LED Lights #9  
I have used similar LED work lights in wet, driving snow (totally miserable without a cab!) and they must have been just warm enough, but no icing issues then, either. Unlike my face.

/ Blizzard 2015 What I Learned about LED Lights #10  
thanks to the OP...i'm interested in getting lights too...and am wondering what the best kind is and what is the easiest/best way for wiring them in. I researched last night alot and see that many lights don't come with a wiring kit/harness at all. keep the LED info and experiences coming!!