Snow plow or snow pusher

/ Snow plow or snow pusher #1  

joe04785

Silver Member
Tractor
XR3037
Just looking for opinions on a snowplow or snow pusher for compact tractor? Looking to buy one, but not sure which one. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

/ Snow plow or snow pusher #2  
what would you be trying to clear? What about typical snow fall amounts?

/ Snow plow or snow pusher #3  
Not sure what type condition your plowing...long drive etc.?
Only down fall I found out when I had mine you can't angle when plowing nor wing it back.

/ Snow plow or snow pusher #4  
I have a 7'6" snow pusher, a 7'6" PA plow, and the 66" bucket to choose from. My tractor is 36HP, weighs over 5K with loader, loaded tires, and chains. The snow pusher or the PA plow move the most snow the fastest because they are wider than the bucket. IMO for heavy deep snow you will need lots of weight and power to use a pusher on a long driveway. That much snow in a pusher box will make your tractor work. The angle plow does a good job too but if you angle the blade too much the front of the tractor can get pushed sideways by the snow. I have added a back blading cutting edge on my pusher (not shown in picture) but find I need to make it taller since snow spills over the top of the blade so I have to do two passes when back dragging.

Attachments

• DSCN1385 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1385 (Medium).JPG
    299.6 KB · Views: 1,400
  • DSCN1076 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1076 (Medium).JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 1,987
  • DSCN1083 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1083 (Medium).JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 504
   / Snow plow or snow pusher
Our storms here usually consists of 8 - 10 inches at a time. We occasionally get 16 inches but not very often. Our winter total is usually 120-130 inches. Driveway is not long. Reason why I'm asking this is cause I don't have a third function valve for front hydraulics so I kinda think it would be a pain to get out and angle it.

/ Snow plow or snow pusher #6  
Reason why I'm asking this is cause I don't have a third function valve for front hydraulics so I kinda think it would be a pain to get out and angle it.

I ran hoses from one of my rear remotes under the tractor to the front for the angle function of my plow.

/ Snow plow or snow pusher #7  
I vote for the plow. Much more versatile. I spent the last three winters using a manual angle plow on my Jeep. You get a routine down where you change angles the least. I think I'd do it twice per snowfall with a 300' driveway, 10 car parking area, and three neighbors I take care of.

/ Snow plow or snow pusher #8  
Pushers are for parking lots and large equipment.You will soon run out of traction/power with a smaller tractor.FEL mounted plows can stack very high.I plow about 2 miles total of drives and woods road,a pusher would do me no good.
Go with a SSQA and you can quickly put your bucket back on if needed.

/ Snow plow or snow pusher #9  
I've found the plow to be far better than the bucket for snow moving. I have rear remotes and lines running forward for hydraulic angle. I'm not sure about a snow Pusher, I've never used one. I got the plow mostly for clean ups and light snow falls. What I have found is that the plow is far more versatile then the bucket, in fact I haven't had the bucket on this year. Between the Plow and the Blower that's all I use, even for heavy wet snow.IMG_0843.jpg

/ Snow plow or snow pusher #10  
I agree CUTS are too small for a pusher. I have a 78" power angle plow on the front and a 64" blower on the rear. 35 HP NH Before I got the blower I used to plow at 6" sometimes in the middle of the night. Now with the blower I wait till it stops snowing. Get the bulk out with the blower and clean up with the plow. Sometimes make room for new snow by blowing out the piles. Note of caution If you use a blower on a tractor either make sure you know which way the wind is blowing or have a cab.