Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Schulte 7400 3pt snowblower

/ Schulte 7400 3pt snowblower #1  

jvolock

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6010 with FEL Schulte 3pt 7400 snowblower, Heavy duty rear blade
I've been looking for a snowblower for some time and bought a Schulte 7400 3pt snowblower on Friday that was manufactured in 2004-2005 time frame based on the serial number. Looks to be in great shape as almost all the paint is still on the the cutters/collectors if that is what you call them. The only downside I see is it has a 3 blade thrower up into the chute. I have 3 questions I was hoping folks could help me with. First, can I replace the 3 blade for a 4 blade thrower? Second is whether this model can be converted to hydraulics? It looks like it has a mounting area along side the chute. The last question is whether anyone knows where I can get a owners and maintenance manual for this unit?

Appreciate any info that can be shared.

John

/ Schulte 7400 3pt snowblower #2  
I've been looking for a snowblower for some time and bought a Schulte 7400 3pt snowblower on Friday that was manufactured in 2004-2005 time frame based on the serial number. Looks to be in great shape as almost all the paint is still on the the cutters/collectors if that is what you call them. The only downside I see is it has a 3 blade thrower up into the chute. I have 3 questions I was hoping folks could help me with. First, can I replace the 3 blade for a 4 blade thrower? Second is whether this model can be converted to hydraulics? It looks like it has a mounting area along side the chute. The last question is whether anyone knows where I can get a owners and maintenance manual for this unit?

Appreciate any info that can be shared.

John

________________________________________________________________________________________________________www.Schulte.ca

1-800-404-6044 parts desk for manuals + questions

When you reach the main page for Schulte
just slide the cursor to the find a dealer link
and go from there to find a local dealer.

There is no point in changing the impeller to
a four paddle impeller as your tractor horsepower
and how you operate it is what is going to rule
how the snow caster operates.

Do not expect to drive fast in reverse unless you
have a very light snowfall accumulation.

IF YOUR GOING TO DO ANYTHING:

Line the chute and spout with slick sheet material.

Purchase one of Clarence's snow blower impeller kits
for large snow casters. He has a money back guaranty
for them so no worries there.

Buy a gallon of Fluid Film and a pump sprayer for the fluid film 50/50 mix to
coat the interior of the snow caster

The Kiddy roll up sleds are perfect as all you have to do is heat them a little
with a heat gun and push them into place then drill the bolt holes through the
plastic and metal of the chute and spout.

Attach it with it with nuts, washers and blue Loctite to hold the bolts and nuts.

Remember you can clear snow operating with half cuts faster than full width cuts.

/ Schulte 7400 3pt snowblower #3  
Jvolock, I picked up a Schulte 6200 this summer ,$1000. I went to their website and sent an email. Gave them a serial number, asked what year built, do you have a manual, can I still get some green paint .
Next day they emailed back and said, thank you for the complement , your blower was built in 1995, the part # for the touch up paint is 236-303, we have the grade 8.8 M8 metric shear bolt for the drive shaft, and there is an attached PDF manual. I did not expect a response that fast.
As Leonz stated I would not worry about a three blade fan. It threw all types of snow farther than I expected.

image-2103011337.jpg

/ Schulte 7400 3pt snowblower
Thanks for the info and advice Leonz and Amvcane. I did contact Schulte via email and found my 7400 blower was not a 2004/05 model but was actually a unit that was manufactured in January 2007, which makes the 1,500.00 I paid for the unit that much better a deal. They even told me how much it would be ball park for the parts to convert my manual chute to a hydraulic and it was about 500.00 less than I anticipated. Unfortunately, since I've gotten the unit we haven't had any snow and the temps will be close to 65 the next few days. So far this winter we've had a low snow total but I now that mid to late February and March are the heaviest snow months. In the meantime, I am going to go over the unit and make sure everything is greased up and ready to go.

/ Schulte 7400 3pt snowblower #5  
Glad things are working out for you.

I would recommend changing the gear oil, as moisture can accumulate in there. Also I would remove the shear bolts and make sure the plates they connect are free to move. A thin film of grease will keep them that way.
Good lock with your new toy.

/ Schulte 7400 3pt snowblower #6  
Sounds like you got a good deal on that blower. I wouldn't worry about the three bladed fan - I have an older blower with the three bladed fan and it chucks the snow quite a distance. If you have a dual speed PTO and can go say 750rpm or more, your blower will really pump the snow through. I have 720rpm and it works well with my blower - better than at 540rpm. Common sense will dictate what speed to use for given conditions (snow depth, wet/dry, ground speed etc.).