Offset back blade question

/ Offset back blade question #1  

nctacoma

Tractor
Kubota L4330
Thinking about trying to find a back blade for my tractor for additional snow removal capacity.
I have a 1/2 driveway that has a few hills and we are in a relatively a snowy area.
I have a kubota L4330 with a 8' plow blade on the front. Where I run into issues is after a few good snowfalls the piles that get built up on the sides of the driveway get so tall that the snow just falls down to the bottom of the pile and eventually the driveway gets narrower and narrower. Then I have to spend a few hours pushing those piles back far enough to start the process all over again. I can't drive straight along the piles to push them back. It is a dance of hitting them at 45 degree angles every few feet on both sides of the driveway.

My question is that if I got a back blade that had the ability to offset, could I use it as sort of a poor mans wing to hit the plow piles and knock them back while driving straight down the driveway? How much could one offset and stick out past the side of one rear tire?

/ Offset back blade question #2  
Personally, I don't think it would help any, for what you want.

/ Offset back blade question #3  
An offset blade has limits to how much it can offset. On an angle, a 7' offset would maybe get 2' outside the tire tracks. Which is maybe only a foot or so more than you are getting with the front blade.

/ Offset back blade question #4  
You could maybe have an offset rear blade provide a wider windrow spacing when moving fresh snow, but that will be a lot of additional load on the tractor pushing snow with front and rear blades at the same time. And forget about moving existing/hard/frozen snow banks -- that will be a tall order for even a heavily reinforced offset blade. I think a snowblower would be the best solution, as you would be able to blow the snow farther off to the side to begin with. And it will make better use of your tractor's power.

I guess if you could try running a front and rear blade at the same time before spending the money, you will determine if the tractor can manage both at the same time with its available power and see how much width it buys (probably no more than another 1-2'). I wouldn't want to spend the money to experiment though.

/ Offset back blade question #5  
I have an eight ft. on the front and a heavy seven ft.(that can off-set) on the back.My tractor is 7000 lbs or so.I don't don't believe a off-set rear blade is going to do what you want.If I have to push banks back I use the front or if real bad put the bucket back on.
I use the rear mostly for pulling away from buildings.

/ Offset back blade question #6  
As s219 said, your solution is a snowblower. Get your dealer to let you demo a pull type. No banks to deal with and no crook in your neck. Still allows for the front blade for light snow or around the buildings