deep snow technique?

/ deep snow technique? #21  
Forget about technique, you need better equipment! I know that sounds a little blunt but facts are facts, If the machines you have can not clear the way without spending all that time you simply have the wrong machine!

/ deep snow technique?
Forget about technique, you need better equipment! I know that sounds a little blunt but facts are facts, If the machines you have can not clear the way without spending all that time you simply have the wrong machine!

Thanks for the comment, It helps a lot.

I have an aluminum grain shovel too. That always works! ;-)

/ deep snow technique?
If you are going down hill couldn't you take the loader and put it close to the ground, 2 inches or so, and drive into the pile and then lift and dump over the pile and just keep doing that until you get to where you need to stop?
Then your pile is at the end of your pass and then you back out and take half a bucket width again. I don't know what a hurlimann is or what if looks like so maybe I am way off.
Basically you would be dumping the snow on the opposite side of the pile from the tractor so you will scoop 2 feet and lift pull up to were you lifted with the front tires and dump orlver the pile then back up and repeat.

Hurliman 435
Same
Lamborghini Runner
http://www.farmphoto.com/image.aspx?n=2B2AD61B-13DE-4600-A6E5-3335A006E32B.jpg&s=medium

This, but I don't have the rear blower. ;-)

/ deep snow technique? #24  

Facts are facts! I have used the wrong equipment myself and always end up frustrated with the time frame it takes to get done. Pulling out the smaller machine with a bigger one when simply adding the right tool to the big one or replacing the small one altogether would work wonders. Get the blower for the bigger of your machines and get the job done and get back in out of the cold! I took my tractor out to clear the drive tonight of all those snow drifts and the fresh snow on top. The same job that took hours with the old machine is now a simple 10 min job with the bigger tractor and 84 inch blower. Even the one spot where snow piles up as the driveway and parking areas meet is no challenge I just back into the pile and move it where it needs to be then pull into the garage and have a beer.
Hope that helps a little more Remember I have been there done that and now know better!

/ deep snow technique?
Facts are facts! I have used the wrong equipment myself and always end up frustrated with the time frame it takes to get done. Pulling out the smaller machine with a bigger one when simply adding the right tool to the big one or replacing the small one altogether would work wonders. Get the blower for the bigger of your machines and get the job done and get back in out of the cold! I took my tractor out to clear the drive tonight of all those snow drifts and the fresh snow on top. The same job that took hours with the old machine is now a simple 10 min job with the bigger tractor and 84 inch blower. Even the one spot where snow piles up as the driveway and parking areas meet is no challenge I just back into the pile and move it where it needs to be then pull into the garage and have a beer.
Hope that helps a little more Remember I have been there done that and now know better!

I should just hire it done, four or five times a year , the cost of equipment more than I have would never work out.

Plus, With the "right equipment", and only 30 meters to clear, the engine oil would never get to temp! ;-)

ETA

You have never been here, done this or know better, at least not in the 30 years I've lived here.
But you are welcome to come clear the space any time! But is clear and open at present ;-)

/ deep snow technique? #26  
If that means its more cost effective to pay someone with the right equipment then IMHO its not worth the aggravation of doing it yourself. Keep in mind that when the weather warms there are always cheep used snow blowers for sale in areas that didn't get the snow they thought and if you have the machine to make use of one it could be cost effective to sell the smaller machine and buy a used blower from someone.

I add up costs to determine what a job is worth and snow blowers last along time if treated properly so a used blower at 1000 to 1200 bucks which I see advertised on GL often in the 60 inch range would be around for a long time even if it only cost 40 or 50 bucks to pay someone you would definitely see that return in about 4 or 5 years and then be ahead from then on.

For me paying someone isn't an option as with the winds and drifts I get up here they would need to come back ten times per storm and most who plow around here use trucks. I had to ask a friend to clear me out once when we had an accident so we could come back home from the hospital after a few days away and what I came home to was Two F250 fords chained together and both stuck in the drifts. I had to have an other friend drive his backhoe 12 miles to dig them out as mine was away at a job site too far to get in the shape I was in.

Sorry if I seemed a little to pushy with my feelings on it but I am a very straight to the point kind of person, sometimes I wonder how anyone puts up with me.

Good luck no matter which way you go!

/ deep snow technique? #27  

lol, I have one of those too. Top of the line when it comes to shovels.;)

/ deep snow technique? #28  
I thought I could give some useful input here about going through deep snow but after reading 3-4 lines, I fell in the snow bank head first when I got to 30 meters and 2 meters.... I guess I'm to old, only the young and Canada can help here.

/ deep snow technique? #29  
I remember once, the snow was so high, a hydro worker on top of a hydro post, dropped his hammer,
and caught it on the way down.:)

/ deep snow technique?
I thought I could give some useful input here about going through deep snow but after reading 3-4 lines, I fell in the snow bank head first when I got to 30 meters and 2 meters.... I guess I'm to old, only the young and Canada can help here.

Yes, Sort of weeds out comments without a world view, scope and span.

I'm OK with that. ;-)