Does anybody make a 3pt hitch salt/sand spreader?

/ Does anybody make a 3pt hitch salt/sand spreader? #1  

Jay4200

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4200GST w/ LA680 & BX2200D w/ LA211
Does anybody make a 3pt hitch salt/sand spreader w/ PTO drive? I need one to hang on my BX2200 (little thing needs to do SOMETHING during the winter), and I'll build it if I have to, but I'd rather just buy one (if it isn't too obscene). I've seen them hanging off the back of pickup trucks (like the Fisher 500/1000/2500), which I assume use a 12V motor to run the flinger. Anyway, this sounds like something that should exist - I just can't seem to find one.

/ Does anybody make a 3pt hitch salt/sand spreader? #4  
hello I built a hydraulic one and man it works awesome but the dryer the sand is the better it works

/ Does anybody make a 3pt hitch salt/sand spreader?
Thanks - it looks like the Herd stuff is the beefy and expensive option. I also found seed/salt spreaders that were in the 500-700 range that might do the job. Given that this is a once or twice a year use implement, I think at close to 2 grand for the 'good' ones, I'd be tempted to build one. 500-700 is a different story. I'd like to see the mechanisms inside to see what the differences are.

/ Does anybody make a 3pt hitch salt/sand spreader? #8  
If you want a 3pt model for free flowing salt/sand that will work on a small tractor like the BX, our Agrex XA150 spreader will fit perfectly and the salt/sand kit is available as an option.
For larger tractors, models with higher capacities are available.

Free shipping to a staffed commercial business or supporting freight terminal within 1,000 miles of Newton, NC.
For you, there are terminals in Bedford and Belmont.
Travis

If you want a 3pt model for free flowing salt/sand that will work on a small tractor like the BX, our Agrex XA150 spreader will fit perfectly and the salt/sand kit is available as an option.
For larger tractors, models with higher capacities are available.

Free shipping to a staffed commercial business or supporting freight terminal within 1,000 miles of Newton, NC.
For you, there are terminals in Bedford and Belmont.
Travis

Thanks! I'll keep your place in mind - probably exactly what I need. What's the difference between the 150 and bigger units? Their listed capacities are quite different, but they look the same in the pictures and prices aren't all that different. Would I be better served paying a few more bucks and getting a bigger spreader? I do have an 1100ft drive, so there is an advantage to a big hopper...