Price for Woods Blower

/ Price for Woods Blower #1  

Morning Wood

Gold Member
Looking at a Wood blower I believe it is model SB64S. Hand crank chute. $3200. Brand new. I missed out on some cheaper units due to wife talking me out of it:mad::(. Still, with all the snow, it is really the only solution. Is that a fair price for that blower? Thanks.

/ Price for Woods Blower #2  
I just read of a brand new 84" blower for about $4200, so I'd reckon $3200 is about right.
Consider this though...it's mid February and new snow blower prices will be discounted in a month or a bit more, plus a slew of used blowers will be on Craigslist.

Woods makes great equipment! My blower is an older Woods SB74 with a manual chute. I'm going with a hydraulic or electric chute rotator when warmer weather hits...manual chutes work great, but I have a cab tractor now and manually rotating the chute ain't going to happen.
Speaking of manual or electric...the kits are $675 and about $875, respectively. Might be cheaper if you buy one with the hydraulic or electric rotator rather then wait until later to retrofit.

/ Price for Woods Blower #3  
Looking at a Wood blower I believe it is model SB64S. Hand crank chute. $3200. Brand new. I missed out on some cheaper units due to wife talking me out of it:mad::(. Still, with all the snow, it is really the only solution. Is that a fair price for that blower? Thanks.

If you are thinking about getting a 64" wide rear mount snow blower, I recommend getting one with a larger diameter impeller.
The Woods SB64S has a 22" diameter impeller. There are 64" wide rear mount snow blowers that have 24" diameter impellers.
The larger diameter impellers have a faster blade tip speed and throw snow a longer distance.

I have the Frontier SB1164 on the back of my '05 kubota B7800 (22HP pto) and it will blow snow over 35 feet.
http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/agr..._point_snowblowers/DSFE41080_Snowblwr_3pt.pdf

Frontier SB1164 has a 24" impeller
Frontier 64" Rear Snowblower Attachment (SB1164) | Mutton Attachment Sales - Ft. Wayne, IN

Blizzard B64 has a 24"x 7" impeller
Blizzard

/ Price for Woods Blower
This is the only thing available to me. I would have bought a snow king 60" or meteor 60" for about a grand less. Just trying to deal with 8' of snow in the last three weeks

/ Price for Woods Blower #5  
With the last month of New Hampshire snow I can give a fair evaluation on the farm king 66 inch with a Kubota L3200. The thing is awesome. Throws snow 35 feet. 20 minutes ago I just got done cleaning up full width drifts that were higher then the blower. Maybe 36 inches?
No issues other then getting covered in snow on this non cab tractor.

/ Price for Woods Blower
I missed out on the farm king 60". It was used with not many hours. $2300 cash. I could have made that back by the end of the winter no problem. I don't think this winter is going to be a common occurrence though. If it is, then I would be better off taking a bigger step into a cabbed tractor with a loftness or lorenz blower.

/ Price for Woods Blower #7  
That's what they said about last winter. Get ready folks...the new norm. 100 year storms are every 5 now

/ Price for Woods Blower #8  
That's what they said about last winter. Get ready folks...the new norm. 100 year storms are every 5 now

I've been thinking the same thing for awhile as well.

/ Price for Woods Blower #9  
I missed out on the farm king 60". It was used with not many hours. $2300 cash. I could have made that back by the end of the winter no problem. I don't think this winter is going to be a common occurrence though. If it is, then I would be better off taking a bigger step into a cabbed tractor with a loftness or lorenz blower.

You can buy that new for $1999 from Iowa Farm Equipment. That's where I bought mine. They were great. Shipping from Iowa to CT was about $200.
Tractor 3-Point Snow Blowers

/ Price for Woods Blower #10  
With the last month of New Hampshire snow I can give a fair evaluation on the farm king 66 inch with a Kubota L3200. The thing is awesome. Throws snow 35 feet. 20 minutes ago I just got done cleaning up full width drifts that were higher then the blower. Maybe 36 inches?
No issues other then getting covered in snow on this non cab tractor.

If you see any deals locally on a 60-68" PTO blower, please do let me know! Right down the road from you.