Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year??

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #11  
My kid was using walk behind snow blowers to clean this place out and a neighbour (3hrs). He would come into the house half frozen and wore out from bulling the blower around. I bought the tractor in 2012 (cabbed and heat) with the front mount blower and I do 5 driveways plus mine and a small parking area (50x50) in the same 3 hours and come in fresh, warm and relaxed. I love my cabbed tractor and front mount blower.

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #12  
I really wish I had a 3 pt snowblower, due to the depth of the snow my plow is becoming less effective. I have moved the windrows back twice but now I have 8-10 feet of hard packed snow 3' deep on each side of my 1/4 mile drive. Combine that with the 3' plus of snow everywhere else and any more snow is going to be a problem.

Yesterday I got the tractor stuck in a ditch when I was trying to move the snow back. I got it out with a couple hours of hand digging but I do need a blower. It was -6 degrees and Thank God I had a cab to take breaks in to warm up. I thought with a 9' plow with a 30" moldboard height would take care of it but I was mistaken.

I need an 8' blower so I fear it's going to be very expensive.

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #13  
We just bought a 84" Loftness front mount blower for our L3830 last night. I look forward to using it...

Aaron Z

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #14  
Have used most every method of snow removal. Shovel, pickup with plow, open tractor with 3 point blower, cabbed tractor with 3 point blower, walk behind blower, tractors with loaders.
By far the current setup of heated cab skid steer with 73 inch blower is my favorite. To those disappointed by not having many opportunities this winter, I'd trade places with you. At age 52, snow removal is just another chore. I'm not that interested in "seat time". Funny how guys talk about that like they're NASCAR drivers or something. Snow removal is just more diesel burned and more hours racked up on the machine.

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #15  
It is great to have both! Each has pros and cons.
But if we had to choose just one... it would be a blower, hands down!

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #16  
I wish I had a blower this year. Neighbor cleaned up our private road Sunday evening, pushed everything well back. Winds blew over 50mph Sunday night, Monday morning we had drifts 4-6ft high in the road. Neither my plow nor his would move the snow. I spent over 3 hrs using the FEL my open tractor with wind chills of -20dF clearing a path so we could get out. A blower this season sure would have been nice, but I have trouble justifying the costs of a blower for a once in 10 year event.

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #17  
I'm on my second winter with a 74" snow blower. Other then the occasional gust of wind that makes me a snowman (took care of that! bought a cab tractor), I really love the blower. It ends that "where the **** do I pile this?" question about midway through our Vermont winters.
The blower is great for cutting a path through to the wood pile.
Roy , you are loving that cab aint ya !

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #18  
Bought the Kubota mid-september, first thing I did was buy tire chains. Then started looking for a decently priced used 3pt blower in the 60-68inch range. Old rusty units would sell for $500 under new pricing in a day, wouldn't even get a call back from the seller.

It's too bad there isn't a simple classifieds area on here like most forums. Looking up used equipment turns up nothing but business ads in the classifieds section.

Either way, I'll be buying used or new come spring/summer.

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #19  
   / Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #20  
Roy , you are loving that cab aint ya !

Actually, not yet! The backhoe is still on the back...also, I'll need to modify the blower to electric or hydraulic chute rotation during the warmer months.
But, Winter will soon be over (another 6 weeks or so).