Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year??

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #1  

alltherage

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 Cub Yanmar EX2900. 1939 Farmall A, 1940 Farmall H, 1959 Oliver 770
I sure am. Ditched the plow and and am having a blast hammering on all the snow we've gotten. Ordered edge tamers for the bucket this weekend too. We get drifted in like crazy so the blower saves the day!

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #2  
I just got the plow this year and so far so good. I do wish I had the blower so I had fewer (or no) piles, but I have been pushing them back and I still have a little room for more snow. A little.....
I will be keeping my eye open for a blower though.

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year??
Love your screen name. I'm SU alum!

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #4  
Live in Minnesota. Have not used a snow shovel this year. Feeling picked on.

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #5  
Live in Minnesota. Have not used a snow shovel this year. Feeling picked on.

I'm with you. Plowed all of one time this year. I actually was half-way shopping for a used 3 point blower this summer. I'm really happy that I didn't buy one. Price will be much lower after this winter compared to last winter.

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #6  
I am certainly enjoying my borrowed blower.

I have learned some things.... it has a manual chute, and the 11 year old isnt always handy to have turn it LOL

I also feel it sticks out too far from the tractor; I feel that it should hug tighter to the back.

When I buy my own, it will be at least 72"!!! This 66", while technically covering my tire tracks, is a touch too narrow when trying to get in close to things.

I have also noticed, that when I get my own, I will definitely mount some work lights directly on the blower, as the one on the back of the tractor is blocked.

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #7  
...........................I have also noticed, that when I get my own, I will definitely mount some work lights directly on the blower, as the one on the back of the tractor is blocked.

Up high and for the most part, out of harm's way works for me. They work great for mowing, or anything else as well. The floods have more of a chance to spread out and light the area better.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1619.jpg
    686.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Blower Left Side.jpg
    Blower Left Side.jpg
    824.8 KB · Views: 386
   / Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #8  
What took me 4 hours to clean up with the front end loader I can now do in about an hour with my John Deere 59 snow blower. I changed the mounting this winter and I'm going to change the mid pto shaft a bit yet too. I want it easier to take off if I do need the front end loader. When I'm all done I'll post a thread on it.

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #9  
I agree chim - other than the fact I have an open station... makes it a little tougher.

I have considered mounting a pair to the ROPS; just havent figured out how I want to yet.

/ Who here is glad they went to a snowblower this year?? #10  
I'm on my second winter with a 74" snow blower. Other then the occasional gust of wind that makes me a snowman (took care of that! bought a cab tractor), I really love the blower. It ends that "where the **** do I pile this?" question about midway through our Vermont winters.
The blower is great for cutting a path through to the wood pile.