Best money the wife ever let me spend.......

/ Best money the wife ever let me spend....... #1  

linrick1

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1900, Steiner 430
Could not be happier with the Steiner 440 we picked up this fall. With the ridiculous amount of snow we have received so far this winter I have been running this thing hard, in some seriously cold weather, for a lot of hours now and it quite simply kicks ***. The cab, even without heat, is a lifesaver - I'm finished in about a third of the time it used to take me, I'm nice and dry, and I haven't been walking - cant beat it.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    720.5 KB · Views: 729
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    663.3 KB · Views: 473
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 507
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    804.1 KB · Views: 456
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    985.2 KB · Views: 459
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    898.9 KB · Views: 442
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    867.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    970.8 KB · Views: 395
   / Best money the wife ever let me spend....... #2  
Glad you like your Tractor.

/ Best money the wife ever let me spend....... #3  
Looks like a beast.
I use to drive one that had duals on each corner with a mower deck on the front when I had a job during college summers working as a groundskeeper at a mountaintop (steep) resort.
Just don't get it up next to a building or vehicle if it's slippery or sloped. With that articulated steering I got trapped a few times and had to either get a tow or drop the mower.

You picked a good winter to get it.

/ Best money the wife ever let me spend....... #4  
Nice place! That would be a lot of shoveling. What did you do before the Steiner?

/ Best money the wife ever let me spend....... #5  
Nice pics . Nice place. Looks like Edward Scissorhands worked on that snow!

/ Best money the wife ever let me spend....... #6  
linrick1, that is a nice looking machine. Have you thought about installing a small heater in the tractor? It looks like the cab is sealed up pretty tight so I'm thinking even a tiny heater would make it so much more comfortable while snowblowing. Maybe a project for next year? Stanley

/ Best money the wife ever let me spend.......
Thanks for the kind words, we try to keep the place looking sharp. You do want to be careful not to get yourself bound up against something - I'll get it too close one of these days I'm sure but haven't had a problem yet. Before the Steiner I was using our Ford 1900 with a Meteor blower on the back, an old PA plow that I rigged up pinned to the bucket, and a Simplicity 870 blower repowered with a WI390. Nothing at all to complain about, granted, but I was done with driving backwards and/or walking in the snow and cold, usually in the dark, getting blasted with snow regardless of the direction you were pointed freezing my stones off and soaking wet. Fortunately, my wife agreed - of course now she has me snow blowing clear around the house and down to the outhouse too but that's a small price to pay for how much more enjoyable this machine makes the whole job. Not to mention how much easier it is to do a good job. Very maneuverable, good traction despite the wide ag tires, plenty of power, and with the blower out front you can pretty much put it where you want it. As far has heat goes I'm going to try ducting the engine cooling air though a shroud back to the cab. And yes, that will probably be for next year...... Thanks again, Rick

Attachments

• march 12 010.jpg
    march 12 010.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 319
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 335
   / Best money the wife ever let me spend....... #8  
Technically the tires on that Steiner are I-2s - power implement tires. I bet they do well though!

/ Best money the wife ever let me spend....... #9  
Could not be happier with the Steiner 440 we picked up this fall. With the ridiculous amount of snow we have received so far this winter I have been running this thing hard, in some seriously cold weather, for a lot of hours now and it quite simply kicks ***. The cab, even without heat, is a lifesaver - I'm finished in about a third of the time it used to take me, I'm nice and dry, and I haven't been walking - cant beat it.

Those Steiner 440's are really cool. I've always wanted one, but ended up slumming with a BX2200 for the lil' stuff :)

/ Best money the wife ever let me spend....... #10  
I am going to show my ignorance here. Other than not having to look backward and being in a cab - what is so much better about the Steiner set-up? Also you said it takes about 1/3 the time but the old snow blower is much wider wasn't it? Can you explain the real advantages?