Close mount for a quick attach plow

/ Close mount for a quick attach plow #1  

Bradbilt

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 260C, Ford 8N, NewHolland GT22,
Hey guys. I am on the hunt for a plow for my Ford. I already made the bucket a quick attach like the Skid Steers. I have a rock bucket, 60" forks, a grapple bucket and a "snow" bucket. Next on the list is a plow.

My question is, is there anyway to mount the blade closer to the tractor? It seems with them mounted on the loader they stick out really far which not only takes weight off the rear tires but makes the tractor that much bigger and more of a challenge to navigate thru tighter spots.
I also have a 3pt 8' blade for that back that I want to make power angle. Any suggestions for the cylinder? I already have a set of outlets in the rear

/ Close mount for a quick attach plow #2  
Yes you can; and I wish I had!There are several builds on here where they moved the pivot point behind the SSQA plate and still keep plow float.
Search snowplows in the "Snow Removal"section.

/ Close mount for a quick attach plow
Thats kinda why I started the thread. I remember seeing one but I can't find it to save my life

/ Close mount for a quick attach plow #4  
I think a guy with a Kioti in PA had a clever mount on his loader arms that was very "close in". might be in the Kioti section.

/ Close mount for a quick attach plow
Thanks. I never knew a Meyers plow could look so good!!!

What is the vale that is mounted at the top of the SSQA plate for?

/ Close mount for a quick attach plow #7  
Thanks. I never knew a Meyers plow could look so good!!!

What is the vale that is mounted at the top of the SSQA plate for?

It's called a crossover valve, it's basically a relief valve to allow oil to flow from one cylinder to the other. This means that the blade will automatically "give" or angle itself in the event that one corner hits a solid object, instead of bending something or blowing out a hose.

/ Close mount for a quick attach plow #8  
image-2147122436.jpg

This is what I did, works great on my Fisher 9.5' Extreme V!

/ Close mount for a quick attach plow #9  
image-3618232272.jpg

/ Close mount for a quick attach plow #10  
In the finished product I put a X brace in the channel going back.