Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower?

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #1  

nepa

Silver Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi 180D, Jinma 284 sold, Kubota BX2660, IH Cub, Case 580CK, Minneapolis Moline 4 Star (sold), TYM 574, Furukawa FX-040
I finally used the Buhler Farm King 600 3 pt snowblower that I bought 4 years ago. It took 10 time longer than using my plow truck but without any melting between snow storms (a situation I last suffered 4 years ago) my truck could not push any snow over the 3 ft walls on the sides of my driveway. The Buhler was fantastic. It pitched everything from powder to chunks 100 ft with my 28hp Chinese tractor. But it sure is tough driving backwards for two hours. Does anyone make a tractor that will take my Buhler on the front? I would prefer something that is fairly easy to mount/dismount and reliable. Thanks.

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #2  
MK Martin equipment manufactures a front mount gearbox / 3 PH for 540 PTO, it is driven off of your mid mount PTO . You may have to check with as to it being compatible for your tractor.
mkmartin.ca

Cheers

Roger

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #3  
Our Deere 3046 and 7230 or 7320? At work both have front pto and front rockshaft/three point hitch.

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #4  
ca_vehicles.23079.1.jpg

This pic is not my tractor, just the same model.

Much different tractor than your 28 hp Chinese model but Versatile made the Bidirectional years ago. The smallest is the model 150 @ 71hp. The 160, 256 and 276 models were their other bidirectional models. The seat and steering wheel are a console that rotate 180 degrees inside the cab so you can face either direction depending on the task. They are hydrostatic so the ground speeds are the same either direction.

I run a older 150 on an 8' blower and love the set up. The only drawback is you have the loader off to use the 3 pt. but I really only use a blower for snow so it's not an issue.

You can Google "Versatile 150" or any of the other models for more information & pics if curious. They also evolved into the Ford 276 & 9030 then into some New Holland models Like the TV140.

Last edited:
   / Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #5  
I finally used the Buhler Farm King 600 3 pt snowblower that I bought 4 years ago. It took 10 time longer than using my plow truck but without any melting between snow storms (a situation I last suffered 4 years ago) my truck could not push any snow over the 3 ft walls on the sides of my driveway. The Buhler was fantastic. It pitched everything from powder to chunks 100 ft with my 28hp Chinese tractor. But it sure is tough driving backwards for two hours. Does anyone make a tractor that will take my Buhler on the front? I would prefer something that is fairly easy to mount/dismount and reliable. Thanks.
========================================================================================================================================================

Home USA sells both Ferrari and Antonio Carrero four wheel drive tractors.
you would have to check with the distributor in California to see if a reverser is needed.

Ferrari is selling thier mules in the United States again and Antonio Carrero has three a** whooping 4 by fours that will work.

(530)-846-0390

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #6  
Here's mine,

standard.jpg

SR

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #7  
Pillager, that is the setup to have right there. I always thought the an older Versatile with a blower on one end and a power angle plow on the other would be the perfect snow rig.

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #8  
You can put any three point hitch on the front of your tractor. All you need is two right angle drives and run it off the rear pto. You can't run it off the mid mount because it turns the wrong way and runs at 2000rpm and Snowblowers need to run at 540 rpm

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #9  
You can put any three point hitch on the front of your tractor. All you need is two right angle drives and run it off the rear pto. You can't run it off the mid mount because it turns the wrong way and runs at 2000rpm and Snowblowers need to run at 540 rpm
Yep. I have a Loftness that was setup to run on the front, the front mount kit consists of 2 right angle gearboxes, a long pto shaft leading to the front and a frame for the front.
Not much to it.

Aaron Z

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #10  
Pillager, that is the setup to have right there. I always thought the an older Versatile with a blower on one end and a power angle plow on the other would be the perfect snow rig.

I used a standard open station farm tractor with a loader on front and blower on back for 20 years, having the blower out front is the best move I've ever made. Love the cab, heat, 4x4 and the hydrostatic is the real ticket with a blower. The articulated is very maneuverable, this setup cut my blowing time by 30% over the previous setup.
(EDIT) I just read your post on the Steiner 430, you know exactly what I'm talking about. The Steiner looks like a very handy unit.

The first bidirectionals (150 & 160) weren't available with a 3pt on both ends, the later models were. I don't think it would be terribly hard to fabricate a mount that would handle a plow on the engine end or repurpose a full engine end 3 pt setup from a newer bidirectional. My first customization however is going to be adding a standard skid steer quick tach to the loader so I can use most of the skid steer attachments.

Last edited: