Drum Eject Snow Blowers

/ Drum Eject Snow Blowers #1  

Pillager

Tractor
Versatile 150 Lorenz 834
Practical feature or expensive cool factor?

Was looking at video of a Schulte snow blower with the rotating drum, drum eject / discharge feature and wondering if this was a useful feature? Their Website says it increases capacity but is it enough to justify the extra expense? The cool factor is off the charts but is it that much of an advantage for the average user, how well does it work?

/ Drum Eject Snow Blowers #2  
Youre talking about the blowers that allow you to bypass the deflector chute and shoot straight out of the fan?

Yes they are impressive and effective. They are aimed mostly at high volume operations in wide open areas, like airports. Because there is no deflector to have snow built up on, they work well with wetter snow. They are also considerably faster because they clear the snow from the impeller quicker, so you can drive faster without overloading.

Are they good for a homeowner? Likely way overkill because this option only appears on higher end (ie: commercial $$) blowers.

/ Drum Eject Snow Blowers #3  
From the Schulte website:
3) In heavy wet snow, blowing capacity of the RDX-102 is greatly increased due to the fact the snow can be discharged directly off the fan paddles versus all the way up through the center chute.

/ Drum Eject Snow Blowers #4  
Pillager
If you live where there are big drifts and you need to get the snow far back from where you are blowing, then the rotating drum style is the only way to go.
As Scooby74 said, often used on airport runways where a build up of snow from a blower is not tolerable.
Gravely walk behind tractors have a snow caster attachment in which the drum and chute rotate together. This essentially eliminate the friction of the chute which greatly improves performance.
Dave M7040

/ Drum Eject Snow Blowers #5  
There is nothing like the Big Iron, high horsepower blowers IMHO. 700hp here. Who says single stage blowers are garbage;)

/ Drum Eject Snow Blowers #6  
High speed blowers FTW. Heavy, wet snow. 25mph. 1050 hp for the head.

/ Drum Eject Snow Blowers
I think I'd better show more in line with what the original post was about :) . Direct Eject starts at about 1:30 mark.

/ Drum Eject Snow Blowers #8  
FYI even these "small" tractor blowers with the side chute can be very expensive. For example, the Schulte RDX 117 for the TV145 is about $22500 ish!! The smaller RDX102 is a mere $14,000.

/ Drum Eject Snow Blowers
FYI even these "small" tractor blowers with the side chute can be very expensive. For example, the Schulte RDX 117 for the TV145 is about $22500 ish!! The smaller RDX102 is a mere $14,000.

Yeah but they are really cool, plus I'm intrigued with the idea of being able to make it snow at my neighbors house! :laughing:

I know they're expensive, that's why I questioned the practicality of the Direct Eject on a blower like this, think I'll just go with really expensive cool factor.

/ Drum Eject Snow Blowers #10  
Practical feature or expensive cool factor?

Was looking at video of a Schulte snow blower with the rotating drum, drum eject / discharge feature and wondering if this was a useful feature? Their Website says it increases capacity but is it enough to justify the extra expense? The cool factor is off the charts but is it that much of an advantage for the average user, how well does it work?

============================================================================

Practical and cool both.

Fluffy is in trouble again

This single stage railway snow clearer has a twin snow removal disc system
that expands laterally and up to fifteen feet wide after the first pass.

The single stage unit mounted to the Unimog can be used on a tractor as well
as filling trucks with snow-note the push block on the arm in sticking out in front
of the unit.

Attachments

• 51838334-3c69-4c56-a83b-45aacd0c5ee3.jpg
    51838334-3c69-4c56-a83b-45aacd0c5ee3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 262
  • Beilhack snow clearer.jpg
    Beilhack snow clearer.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 309
  • schmidt495px_sf-3-z.jpg
    schmidt495px_sf-3-z.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 318