Loader mounted snow blower

/ Loader mounted snow blower #1  

Bradbilt

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 260C, Ford 8N, NewHolland GT22,
Does anyone have one? Basically what would go on a skid steer?

I maintain mine and my neighbor's drive(2000ft) Mine is kind of a pain because the layout of my garage and the house make a corner I can't really plow out. SO I am left shoveling a 25x25 spot every snow fall

My neighbor's drive is a SOB. Down the side of a mountain with a very narrow drive. Up Hill side to my left and shrubbery and buildings on the other side.

I am thinking the blower would be able to SEND all the snow for both situations.

My problem is.......
I don't have hydraulics to the front of my loader to power anything(YET) I am working on a 3rd spool to run a grapple bucket and a power angle snow plow. Is my tractor capable of running a front mounted snow blower by hydraulics?
My owners manual for the 744 loader says the hydraulic pump is rated at 21.5gpm @ 2200rpm. If that is not enough or I can't tap into the loaders hydraulics, can I use one of the rear remote valves? Or mount a PTO driven hydraulic pump and run hoses up to the blower?

BTW I have a Ford 260C tractor(small industrial machine) 60hp

I don't like the idea of backing down the long drive so the rear mount snow blower is out

/ Loader mounted snow blower #2  
If your loader has the skid steer quick attach set up you have plenty of GPM to run a SSQA snow blower. And yes, you can run it off a rear remote. You just have to run the hoses from the remote to the front. Or you could also buy a PTO driven pump with tank to run it but that would cost a lot more than just running the hoses.
I ran hoses from one of my remotes to the front to run my hydraulic thumb or QA power angle snow plow. I only have 1/2 the GPM you do. I have seen many used SSQA snow blowers for sale on CL in my area but I don't have the GPM to run one and used low flow units never come up for sale.

/ Loader mounted snow blower #4  
I have a loader mounted quick attach snow blower and just love it ! 50 horse tym with a pto pump and reservoir mounted on the 3 point hitch , the dealer said tractor hydraulics would not have enough volume to run the blower. 2 hoses to the front from the pump and electric line to run the shoot . company = Skid Steer Attachments / Tractor Attachments to fit all brands - Quick Attach Attachments LLC 1-866-428-8224 . expensive but never intend to need another tool for winter snow !

/ Loader mounted snow blower #5  
Here is a front blower that is powered from your rear PTO:

620FM Front Mount Snowblower - Erskine Attachments LLC

Thanks for the link. I already have the Erskine catalog. I'd need the 725 model (6') or at least a 66" wide one.
I know there are several companies that sell front mount blowers for low flow tractors like mine. I've looked and have their catalogs too. I just don't want to spend the $5000-7000 price tag for a new one.
My best bet for used would be to buy a used 6' SSQA type blower and replace the pump with a low flow high torque. If I had the GPM flow of the OP I could have bought a used SSQA blower many times over in the past year.
For now I've had good luck with the PA plow, pusher and bucket.

/ Loader mounted snow blower #6  
I have a quick attach brand loader mount blower also. Also use rear 3 point hydraulic power supply. The power supply produces 15 gpm at 3,000 psi. And it stores 25 gal of hyd fluid.

The tractor cant produce enough psi or flow to operate them. A skid steer DOES produce enough.

/ Loader mounted snow blower #7  
When you add up all the costs of a front mount rig you might just re consider a rear blower and adding a backup camera system.

I installed mine for less than $75. (7" screen) and my driveway is close to 1000ft.
Works great day and night and proven down to -30 deg.
Only downside is my yellow strobe light 'flashes' the snow at night. The built in back up guide lines helps a lot even if not accurate but still act as a reference guide.
Having mounted my camera under the rear cab 'lip' assures that the camera never gets snow blown.

/ Loader mounted snow blower #8  
Bradbilt, what machine are you asking about running a front hydraulic snow blower on? JD 744? Blowers working correctly are about maintaining rpm.... from oil flow. Oil volume and motor displacement determine rpm. I have two hydraulic blowers. But need question answered first to help.
Rob

/ Loader mounted snow blower #9  
Bradbilt, what machine are you asking about running a front hydraulic snow blower on? JD 744? Blowers working correctly are about maintaining rpm.... from oil flow. Oil volume and motor displacement determine rpm. I have two hydraulic blowers. But need question answered first to help.
Rob

The OP stated in the original post he's running a 60 HP Ford 260C industrial tractor with a 21.5 GPM hyd. pump.

/ Loader mounted snow blower #10  
I've got an Erskine 2010X on my skid steer. It's made for standard flow hydraulics. I think your 21.5 gpm is more than my standard flow so you could fare well if you get it to the front of your tractor.
But looking at grs' post maybe not. I believe that his Quick Attach brand is the same as my Erskine.