Snowmagedon 2015 in Nova Scotia

/ Snowmagedon 2015 in Nova Scotia #21  
Thanks for your story NS. I do enjoy the "big ones" for some strange reason. I've watched all of our storms on the tv weather really blossom as they headed northeast up your way! You might not see your lawn until June!

/ Snowmagedon 2015 in Nova Scotia #22  
Here I thought 110 inches was a lot of snow.

/ Snowmagedon 2015 in Nova Scotia #23  
We are extremely fortunate to only have gotten 130" this year. The absence of warmups means that there was no melting going on until a couple weeks ago. If we had cold like this year coupled with record snow I would have had to go out and buy a PTO blower. Winter of 2009 we had almost double this amount of snow at 230" which is not record breaking for us. But no at least there was no extreme cold.

/ Snowmagedon 2015 in Nova Scotia
We got another 3" of heavy wet snow last night. I used my neighbor's walk behind snowblower because the banks are just too high for the fourwheeler to push it anywhere.

No, this is one of two record snowfalls we've had in the last... probably 20 years.

Yeah, you get to know who your real buddies are when something like this happens. Our entire neighborhood came together and everyone made sure everyone else was ok. Lots of work, but it a nice feeling to know others have your back.

Right of the house

I guess I'm not getting anything big out of the shed for a while

Yup, it's come to this

This is our local sportsplex

/ Snowmagedon 2015 in Nova Scotia #25  
Amazing story and incredible life you live dealing with all that snow. When we get a couple inches, everything shuts down. Schools close, people are encouraged to stay home and wait it out. Is this a record year or does this happen every year?

Eddie

Eddie-- We're lucky. As you know here in Texas, Snow is a spectator sport, look quick and it will be gone in a day or so. Now if the mud will dry out.

Charlie

LOL, honestly they say an ATV on tracks does better then a sled on non-groomed trails... but I'm scared to go over a 6' snow bank and sink right after. LOL I think the snow has packed down alot. It did warm up enough to start melting yesterday, and turned quite cold today. I'm on night shifts now... so I may try tomorrow.

/ Snowmagedon 2015 in Nova Scotia #28  
snow blower.jpg
Nappan NS...I purchased a front mounted blower (2360) for my new MF 1720, was the perfect winter to purchase one.

Very nice rig BlueBerry Farmer! I bet it got lots of use this winter!

/ Snowmagedon 2015 in Nova Scotia #30  
snow2015.jpgsnow2015B.jpg

Yes I'm VERY pleased with it except for what I paid for it. The two pic are taken in mid February, the TIR (gov.) gave up plowing our rd in full so I had to blow out a lane for mail delivery. A week latter they brought in a large front in loader and cleared it out. The second pic (also mid Feb) is the result of my MF 1720 and the 2360 snow blower taking on a large drift, I need to get very tall drift cutters for next year lol.
Dave Nappan Nova Scotia