Snow Attachments gravel in the lawn no problem

/ gravel in the lawn no problem #1  

truckdiagnostics

Platinum Member
Tractor
7753 bobcat
It is not a snow attachment, but maybe post snow:cool2:, spring is here:dance1:This is the third season I have had the Shindaiwa Power Broom, this is the first time I have been able to physically use it. This is the slickest thing since sliced bread. For the real bad spots I just drop the bucket by the pile of gravel and it shoots it right into the bucket. For the rest if you pick it up a little it will catch just the rocks and fling them back on to the drive. Its not cheap, but for what they want to pave my drive, this thing and gravel are real cheap.
IMAG0226.jpg
Knight's Inc. Shindaiwa PowerBroom

/ gravel in the lawn no problem #2  
Looks like a neat trick, but my drive's a mile long and I'd get awfully tired using a hand-held tool. I just hand rake really bad spots (actually get grandchildren to do it ), ignore the rest and buy gravel.

/ gravel in the lawn no problem #3  
Ditto re the paddle. I bought an Echo rig last year, greatest thing since sliced bread for removing gravel from grass. Going to get a good workout this year whenever the snow decides to leave, I'm guessing around end of May or later....Mike

/ gravel in the lawn no problem #4  
I have the shindaiwa also. Works great cleaning the sand off the 30 ft. Cul de sac

/ gravel in the lawn no problem #5  
Wait a minute here !!!!!! You mean i don't have to pick every rock out of the lawn and place into 5gal bucket to dump it back in the driveway..Looks like its time to go shopping.:thumbsup:

/ gravel in the lawn no problem #6  
Be nice to have one but for $550 I'll just use a hand rake.

/ gravel in the lawn no problem #7  
Any opinions on how long the broom will last? I have a multi-power tool, broom is an option so may invest in one if durability is not a problem.

/ gravel in the lawn no problem #8  
I have the Echo version and it's a great add on. I think it was $299

/ gravel in the lawn no problem #9  
Any opinions on how long the broom will last? I have a multi-power tool, broom is an option so may invest in one if durability is not a problem.

I bought the Stihl version 6 years ago and it's still in good shape. Spring lawn clean up is about the only use it gets, but I have 3 driveways. I flipped mine over so I'm pulling the stones towards me. Seemed a little easier. I figure an hour with that is worth about 4 of hand raking.

/ gravel in the lawn no problem #10  
I totally concur, I bought a Husqvarna two years ago for the same reason. Putting a 2 inch steel pipe on my snow plow blade has helped a lot since then, but the power broom still comes in handy.