Snow Attachments snow blowers

/ snow blowers #1  

gray

Silver Member
Upper Peninsula of Michigan, on the shore of Super
Tractor
Kubota L48 tlb
Hello, I am a new member looking for information on snow blowers. I have been through much of the forum but have not found much on the pull type snow blowers. Pronovost offers an option on some of theirs that changes them form push to pull and back. Can anyone out there give me more information on this or like types? I am running a Kubota L48 and think a 72" might be a good fit? Thanks. BTW- if I ask foolish questions as a rookie to the tractor world, I expect some laughs.

/ snow blowers #2  
Can't say I've ever seen a pull type. I have a 3pt snowblower, and it works very well. Is there a reason for a pull type instead of a 3pt?

/ snow blowers
Big Bob,

It would be a more comfortable way to go in my estimation. I also have a freind who is getting a his first tractor and he does not care to be twisted around if he can help it- getting older as we all are. I don't know if I would go that route but I am interested. If they work well and can be used either way then if may be worth it. We get 250+ inches a year in the UP of Michigan and this year may be my last using the 3]4 ton truck and a plow. No place left to put the white stuff. Bent up my plow last week trying. A snow blower may be what both hs and I need. BTW- what brand, size and HP do you use. How fast can you travel in 8 to 10 inch snow-a normal day here.

/ snow blowers #5  
gray,
I just got a P620 Pronovost and it's working great.
I'm using 21 pto hp to run it and 'been in some really wet snow, about 10", with no problem.
I'm not sure how fast you could go; never tried it . I just keep a nice, steady pace.
I did see on the Pronovost web site, they offer an "inverse" blower but I've never seen one "in the flesh".
It would be nice to look forward but you'd always be packing down tracks in the snow.
Are you on asphalt or gravel ?
I think the Pronovost is a great machine.
GrayBeard

/ snow blowers #6  
I have a 64" 3pt Pronovost Puma snowblower. Works like a champ although the most snow I have tried it on was 15".

I am over 55 and have no problem looking backwards. In fact I do not have to look backwards, I just slide sideways in the seat and turn my head slightly to the right. I usually do one long pass, then re-position myself and go forward back to starting point and then do another pass. Looking sort of backward is not as bad as people are making it out to be.

/ snow blowers
GrayBeard,

I have visited the Pronovost site and seen the inverse option but no real info on how it works or what it does for the pusher capacity of the unit. Nice to here they must be well designed to work so well. I have read a few posts about Woods that question part of there design. Everyone likes to feel good about a purchase and I am no different. You have taken on 15 inches of snow at times? That is important. I guess my speed of travel guestion is due to impacience.
You must have a good amount of snow where you live. We have 30+ on the ground and growing. Often heavy drifts.
Thanks for the ifno. GrayBeard.

/ snow blowers
GrayBeard,

What kind of dollars are we talking about for your unit? I may have to go to a push only type if the inverse option changes the capacity when pushing the machine. Lots to think about.
I know this winter has made a statement to me about truck plowing. When the snow is banked up over 7 ft and no place left to put it, the truck takes a hit. It is fast but leaves much to be done and often scares up the lawn.
I need to get more year round use out of my investment. I also believe The matting issue will be far less.

/ snow blowers #9  
Gray,
I paid 800.00 for a 4yr old machine in pristine cond. ( lucked out for once)
I'm not sure what they cost new. A guess for the P620 would be 2000.00 .
Tha Puma is a little less $, I think.
I imagine you're going to find the "inverse" models are pretty expensive.
GrayBeard

/ snow blowers #10  
I paid $2000 for a 64" Puma with hydraulic chute rotator. Price was $1795 with manual crank chute.