New HLA Snow Plow

/ New HLA Snow Plow #1  

devildog1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's
After a long snowy winter in upstate New York where it seemed like every 3 or 4 days I had to go out and plow my and elderly widowed neighbors driveways. Now I do love playing, er-(working) with my Grand L 3540 Kubota with either the LA2674 snow blower on or the RB3584 BB, but to be honest backing up all that time sucked!It didn't bother me the last few years, as although we did get quite a bit of snow it came every two weeks or so, instead of every 3 or 4 days. So I decided to add a 3rd Function [FONT=&quot]Hydraulic[/FONT]/electric valve and order a new good quality snow plow for the SSQA on my Fel.I looked at quite a few at different dealers and many different manufactures of quality snow plows.I went to a big local farm Dealer who sells Case & Kubota tractors along with any implements you could think of. They were a distributor and sold HLA snow plows, he showed me one he ordered for a customer that just came in and to say I was impressed and built like a brick s-hit house, would be an understatement. I ordered one and it just came in and will be delivered on Monday.
:cool2: Check out the pictures and I'm quite sure you'll agree that it is a HD well built snow plow that should last me a long time, not to blow spring and summer off but in about 7 months or so I should be using it!
DevilDog
IMG_1978.jpgIMG_1980.jpgIMG_1981.jpgIMG_1982.jpg

/ New HLA Snow Plow #2  
That sure is a nice plow. What are the dimensions? How much does it weigh?

/ New HLA Snow Plow #3  
Congrats...your play time..opps plowing time just got whole lot easier. :)

/ New HLA Snow Plow #4  
I do like the design of the plow. The way they did it they where able to keep it short and used a single double acting cylinder. They tucked the pivot for the trip under the mount. I like how they did the lateral float. The rotate cylinder is mounted up high too. Can you post two pics looking at the center lateral rotation from both sides. Then can you give me approximate size of the pin, they are using for lateral rotation.Thanks for posting nice plow.:thumbsup:

/ New HLA Snow Plow
Thank you for the nice feedback, It weighs in at 535lbs, and it's an 84", rated for a 30hp to a 50hp tractor. This is the link to the manufacture, I'll take and measure the pin size after they deliver it and once on tractor. If you click on link and put your mouse on the features items it shows the lateral movement.
DevilDog

HLA Snow

/ New HLA Snow Plow #6  
It does look well built but doesn't look like the plow will float,may or may not be a problem for you.
Looks more like a "dozer"type blade than a snow blade.

/ New HLA Snow Plow
Did you Check out the link on post #5 ?Horst is the company and have been building snow plows and pushers for all types of applications and it' was the only SSQA attached snow blade that I could find that was factory made and had the feature of a lateral float to follow the curvature of the ground. It could be operated in either float mode or by feathering the fel control stick.
DevilDog
This is their dirt or dozer type blade, which is double the weight of the Snow Blade I purchased. HLA Attachments -

It does look well built but doesn't look like the plow will float,may or may not be a problem for you.
Looks more like a "dozer"type blade than a snow blade.

/ New HLA Snow Plow #8  
I have the 9' HLA 3000 and have had it installed for 4 years now without any issues. I have 300 hours on my tractor and about 250 of them would have been used for plowing snow. I just love this unit and is so fast compared to plowing with the bucket. I have an 86" blower on the back but only use it to widen some driveways when needed. The only thing that annoys me sometime is that the crossover relief operates when trying to wing back some hard banks but it's supposed to do that and there were times I'm glad it operated. I don't have a third function but I had the dealer plumb the power angle to the joystick and I use a remote valve for my curl. It's a joy to use.

/ New HLA Snow Plow
r40kh, thank you for giving me some real time use for your feedback, that is true results of the workings of HLA Snow Blades.
DevilDog

/ New HLA Snow Plow #10  
I have the 9' HLA 3000 and have had it installed for 4 years now without any issues. I have 300 hours on my tractor and about 250 of them would have been used for plowing snow. I just love this unit and is so fast compared to plowing with the bucket. I have an 86" blower on the back but only use it to widen some driveways when needed. The only thing that annoys me sometime is that the crossover relief operates when trying to wing back some hard banks but it's supposed to do that and there were times I'm glad it operated. I don't have a third function but I had the dealer plumb the power angle to the joystick and I use a remote valve for my curl. It's a joy to use.

Couldn't you increase the relief pressure a little more on the cross-over?