recommendations on size of hydraulic line for rotation and chute deflection

how to best determine the length for the hoses

Many thanks

Bill

Take the shields off the PTO shaft.

Remove front half of PTO shaft.

Hitch blower to tractor.

Place front PTO shaft on tractor shaft

With blower on ground, line both tractor end and blower end side by side. You will readily see if they are too long or too short. Raise blower max height and check.

Disconnect shaft from tractor and determine if the shaft will be TOO long to disconnect when on tractor. (I set up a brand new disk mower, shaft was right length to run mower, but too long to attach and disconnect!!!!)

If necessary, cut an EQUAL amount of shaft off BOTH ends of the blower PTO shaft, i.e. 2" too long, cut 2" off BOTH ends. (and shields, handsaw works for plastic shields)

Cut with cut off wheel on grinder or chop saw (SQUARE CUTS!)

Hose lenght isn't to sensitive since the blower doesn't move as much as a trailed implement. Hitch blower, connect hoses, lift up and down and use. If you don't have hoses, just use a piece of rope to simulate a hose between the tractor and cylinde (away from PTO, tires etc)

/ setting up a new rear blower #3  
I haven't watched it but noticed this vid on everything attachments web site. Maybe it will help Tractor and Skid Steer Attachment Videos

/ setting up a new rear blower
thanks for the replies- did the PTO shaft cut yesterday and ran it. measured for the lines that i will have made on monday, the chute lines were a bit tough to estimate as the chute has a hose holder that is an arm sticking up that is free to rotate as the chute itself rotates, was a bit hard to visualize the entire rotation, but i sized for what i believe is the longest needed