Snow blade for BX

/ Snow blade for BX #1  

rjkobbeman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HD-12 2010
I am in the process of researching snow blades for my BX2370. I'm pretty sure I want the 60" Kubota snow blade, however I don't know anything about the "quick hitch" (and sub-frame?) used. My BX was purchased without an FEL, and I may not ever buy one, but does the snow blade mounting interfere with the FEL framework? I assume they cannot coexist. Is that correct? Is there shared mounting components between the snow blade and FEL?

Any insight of this would be greatly appreciated.

/ Snow blade for BX #2  
No, the snow blade does not interfere with the FEL mounting brackets. You do have to drop the FEL, of course, before mounting your snow blade. You must also drop the grill guard to mount the hitch. In total? All this may take 1/2 hour if your proficient, young and healthy. An hour if your old and slow. :)

You DO need the FEL valve block to operate the hydraulics on the snow blade, L,R, U,D and float.

/ Snow blade for BX #3  
The front "hitch" mounts on your front bumper frame. It is very heavy. Mounting it is fairly straight forward. The hitch has a pivot for up and down and two hoses to route to your block for that function off your joystick.

The blade has another piston which pivots the blade left and right. That cylinder also has two hoses to route to your block to also control with your joystick.

Kubota does sell a 54" blade that comes with a manual pivot and pin. However, conversion to a hydraulic pivot involves some light fabrication, a hydraulic cylinder purchase, along with some hose and couplings. If you don't wish to do that fabrication, you can use it manually, no problem, or just spring the few hundred dollars more for the 60" model which will come with this left/right function already included.

The hitch and 54" blade will set you back $1100 to $1300, depending on local pricing. The 60" model will push the cost to approximately $2000 give or take.

/ Snow blade for BX
Thanks for the info!